AVIC411.com

Progress Report

Boris i updated the FW to 2.0 and trying to redo the mods. I have the following files common/800: speedcam, POI, setting, place. These are all i need for POI, address and speedcams correct?

I also went through the new data.zip and there is no new navgatemap_ui file, where is this file for me to add the mute voice code, do i take the data.zip from avic to have that file?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I think these are the ones that are required. I hole to test my changes with 2.0 tonight and see if what works.

Update's DATA.ZIP very much has navigatemap.ui file. If yours doesn't, I would redownload the update...

Yes, almost ready. I have all the functionality I had before, except that PLACE.UI file is not quite finished yet -- it's not hiding Add or Edit Camera as appropriate. This is an easy fix so I hope to post something tomorrow.

While I am at it I'll try adding the ALL button for POI search.

Borris do you have any screen shots of any of the changes you made. I saw you mentioned you are not a big graphics guy. Well I am a graphics guy and a little bit of a code guy so maybe I can help making the changes more seemless.

Although I have no idea because I am not exactly sure what all the changes being made are.

It's rather difficult to do screenshots... I have a few phone camera pics I've made of my changes posted here. Otherwise I have to test changes using HP IPAQ emulator which uses an entirely different skin...

The only major visible change I have is showing house numbers on the current street line, and showing turn restrictions sign. Everything else is just adding a button here and there (speedcamera settings and alike).

Graphics-wise, I could use some nice icons for simulation speed control buttons (pause, faster, slower) and a properly sized detour icon. I haven't gotten detour and road restrictions functionality all squared away yet, but that's on my list, and the icon we have in DATA.ZIP is for a lower-resolution screen...

so I have v2 installed and added back my branded icons and nothing else.

im driving today in route to lunch and guess what pops up on my screen...a speed camera warning with audio beeps and the display. :shock: I look back in settings - nav - warnings and the speed cam option isn't even there.

anyone else expeeience this?

Yup, I think I mentioned it somewhere. Actual warnings about speedcameras are controlled only by one line in SYS.TXT and the presence of actual camera data. 2.0 upgrade did not change either of those. DATA.ZIP hacks only add control of speedcamera warnings.

If you still have that ЛЬД file with cameras as POIs than that's what will get shown.

If you have actual speedcam files and used SYS.TXT tweak before (new update did not change it) than you will get speedcam warnings.

If you only used GUI options to enable speedcams, then that got clobbered during the update and you will not get warnings unless you either change SYS.TXT or wait for my new scriptset. If all goes well, I should post multiple scripts tonight.