AVIC411.com

Progress Report

But when i use the original european data.zip with your mods the error message is still the same. I have no clue.

Could you please upload your data.zip? Then i will try it with mine sys.txt.

Your mods looks great so i want to use them..

Thanks..

Is there an actual error message, or it is just stuck on the Loading screen?

http://rapidshare.com/files/164722348/data.zip.html

This is on a free link so there's a download limit. Grab it while its hot :)

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But when i use the original european data.zip with your mods the error message is still the same. I have no clue.

Could you please upload your data.zip? Then i will try it with mine sys.txt.

Your mods looks great so i want to use them..

Thanks..

Is there an actual error message, or it is just stuck on the Loading screen?

http://rapidshare.com/files/164722348/data.zip.html

This is on a free link so there's a download limit. Grab it while its hot :)

Thanks very much! What a fast response! I wil try it tonight together with the license for all maps. it looks like this will be a great evening for my avic 900bt. Thanks for your effort, boris!

Oh ya, can i use my sys.txt in combination with your data.zip?

Lava's data.zip is similar to mine, and I have not been able to get boris's mods to work either. Something conflicts between our two set ups and I am definitely having difficulty figuring it out.

It works fine for me.

You may want to try starting over with a fresh data.zip 2.0

1. upload boris mod folder, but remove the 2 navigate files (i removed the msn file also)

2. load avic to make sure his mods are there and maps work

3. upload your data.zip and fonts and sys.txt (i used lava file cause it didnt have the truck icon)

4. after reboot everything just worked fine besides the not being able to change the route info such as arrival time.

I'm not sure if it's the hack for the street numbers, or the unit itself.. but the numbers are definitely off for me. I was directed to an address but the number was incorrect-- it was actually down the street a little. Also, parked outside my house the numbers don't line up, and on a street with #'s 1-40 I was outside #3 and it said #99.

Is this because of the hack, or is this just bad map data on the unit itself?

I'm not sure if it's the hack for the street numbers, or the unit itself.. but the numbers are definitely off for me. I was directed to an address but the number was incorrect-- it was actually down the street a little. Also, parked outside my house the numbers don't line up, and on a street with #'s 1-40 I was outside #3 and it said #99.

Is this because of the hack, or is this just bad map data on the unit itself?

Blame TeleAtlas. I have never seen it being _that_ much off (99 instead of 3) but everywhere I tested it it has been anywhere between spot-on to 10-15 off).

Rumour has it that iGO 8.3 (if we ever get it) can use Navteq maps which should be more accurate, at least in North America...

WeApOn -

You could try setting it to Simple warning. Technically, it is possibly to have it telling you how mucdh you are speeding and all, but I need to do more skin research to figure out how to do that...

Thanks. I tried simple warning, but it seems like there is no audible alert now? I only saw an on-screen warning. Ideally it would be nice for one sound to play and then go off.

The code would probably be something like:

if approaching_camera

-display warning

which contains:

-play sound(certain interval)

-OSD warning

-mute/att AV source

If we could just alter that code that is called when the camera is approaching, we could create our own notifications.

Personally, I would like to hear one audible warning, preferably a recorded voice, alerting me that I am approaching the camera. The OSD isn't very distracting, but the constant beeps and lowering of music is.

The code would probably be something like:

if approaching_camera

-display warning

which contains:

-play sound(certain interval)

-OSD warning

-mute/att AV source

If we could just alter that code that is called when the camera is approaching, we could create our own notifications.

Personally, I would like to hear one audible warning, preferably a recorded voice, alerting me that I am approaching the camera. The OSD isn't very distracting, but the constant beeps and lowering of music is.

That is the ideal setup for the cam warnings I think too.

man, you guys are way to smart, I get headaches every time I read and try to understand what the heck you guys are talking about, my hat goes out to you guys and the awesome work you do in these units.

Hey BorisM I see you are in chicago, how about comming to my house and modding my AVIC-F90BT I'll get the beers and pizza.

HAHA jk.