AVIC411.com

Progress Report

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added more enhancements:

1. Cosmetics are fine now on the POI screen for Address search.

2. Moved house numbers to the Current Street display (combined_textmodel rocks ;) )

3. Added Turn Restriction indicator. If you are passing by a one-way street, No (left/right) Turn sign will appear on screen.

4. Fixed up route simulation. Instead of Fly Over, button now says "Simulate". When you click, it will ask if you want to do a Fly Over or Simulation. In Simulation mode, you get voice announcements, camera warnings, etc. Also, on screen, next to Stop Simulation buttons, you now get Slower/Faster buttons, because Simulate can be rather slow (it drives speed limit :) )

TODO:

1. Figure out detour screen. Still can't get it to show anything useful

2. Better hiding of simulation speed controls. For now, they get hidden only when you stop simulation with the green Stop button.

INSTALLATION:

Either add files to your DATA.ZIP, or copy the entire ui_pioneer folder into your iGO directory. Whatever files are present there override ones inside DATA.ZIP.

Boris, could you point out/post the changes you made to your navigatemap_800_480.ui file. I like to fully understand what changes people have made to their files before I implement those changes to mine. Looking through the navigatemap_800_480.ui in your zip file, I can see several comments added but I'm not sure I understand what each does.

Thanks

House numbers show if the map has them, regardless of routing (since it always shows the street you are on, might as well show numbers...).

I've tried to comment changes I made to the file, but can't be 100% sure right now :)

I would simply run a file-compare against the original. That's what I do when something breaks :)

Yes, speedcams are enabled.

I'll take a pic of the screen when I actually get to the car next time. In the meanwhile here's a pic off of the HP Ipaq emulator I use to debug. Sorry that it has too much random crap all over -- I'm trying different things. What is in my scripts:

On the bottom you see 63 E Ontario St 58 <- and that's how it looks on Avic (since it is combined with the street name, font size and color etc. are identical).

On the top left, near the next turn indicator, you see the Turn Restriction sign.

post-22070-12872755800217_thumb.jpg

No, mine doesn't look quite like that, but I used this to debug house numbers and turn restriction sign.

To execute other software, I think EXEC command does it. I doubt that the unit has enough memory to run both iGO8 (which will stay running unless you explicitly close it, but then the unit might reboot) and something else...

copied pioneer folder to igo directory and everything looks good.

the detour does need cosmetics like you said but i like it being on the map now i'll use it more now that its easier to get to.

POI address search is nice also, looks factory, great job.

House numbers are neat. like your image, the same avic map but with numbers on both sides of "street". But you wont see right # if you're playing a source since its info cuts off some of the real estate in that area.

I did notice you changed the clock on the map...thank you, that thing was soo hard to see.

the one thing i forgot to check out was the speedcam. Did you find a better source for us to use for speedcams or are those txts files from the other threads fine? If so, where do i insert them in avic or do i keep them on SD.

By the way...you're a G 8)

Thanks.

I'll try to see what Gurjon does on his detour screen and implement that, including time-based street blocking and nice things like that.

As far as I can see the audio info is overlayed on top of iGO screen by A/V software, I didn't find any way to detect what the actual useable area of the street display is, and I did not want to place house numbers above the street name.

Speedcams I _think_ it will import them from a special directory on the sd card (pioneer.ini file says which one) but I would just copy them over.

I don't know of any reliable complete source for speedcams in US/Canada, so I think the ones VBLUE42 posted will have to do for now.

If he does have updated lists, of course, we can import them :)

Not until Pioneer decides to give us aqn update -- unless you want to use some major functionality, AVIC uses a custom build of iGO that allows it to integrate with the A/V parts of the system (not to mention support for VSS sensor, internal gyro etc., which are not present in the standard version)...