AVIC411.com

Al & Eds Customer Service

i have been following the F series thread now for months. I saw that Al & Eds was pretty well recomended and so I placed an order there today for the F90BT. I put the steering wheel harness and the F90BT in my cart and tried the avic411 code and got a pretty good discount on everything so I bought them. Total came to $756.58. i got a call from them 5 minutes later saying I couldn't apply the discount to the F90BT. She told me they were cancelling my order and I would be refunded my money in 5-7 buisness days. I asked if we could just charged what I had saved and she said no. so If I wanted to place another order i would have to do it in two seperate orders (one for the steering wheel control and 1 for the F90BT) and I would be charged about $1600 total today until i recieved my credit in 5-7 days. This doesn't seem like good customer service to me but I just want to put this out there in case someone makes the same mistake I did. She also said I was like the 4th person they had to call so I am not sure why it isn't fixed yet on their web site. Anyone recommend another dealer?

If you read the post from them elsewhere in this forum, they allude to keeping the 18% discount going on the F series units as of July/August (not a really old post). I had put an F series in my cart earlier this week & the 18% was taken off. I didn't check out, and today when I went back you couldn't apply the 18% to the F series unit.

The "hidden" in-cart price was more than 18% off retail, so maybe this is what they've done.

If this is the case, no point in using the avic411 coupon unless there is something else there you want.

electrawarhouse.com is where I got mine pretty good prices there.

I looked them up, no reseller ratings, not much contact info other than a toll-free #. Looks like the domain has been active about 2 years. They are about $20 less on the 700BT plus they charge shipping (and you have to sign up just to get this figure), al-eds does not.

I would have thought they were another 86th Street Photo or whatever that rip-off place is in the NE, but they have a an LA address for returns if you go to their policy page. BTW, contact us & company info pages are the same page and it is really hard to find a real world address for them.

Based on the above, I don't see them as being a good deal. Even if they were $20 less I'd stay away.

I called them earlier this week to get some info on JL speakers and they were very helpful. They also said that if I buy the system from them I can use the Avic411 discount.

It may be because the speakers are retailed at 800+ a pair, and I need 2 sets of them, plus a 6" W3 and the 2 amps to power them (using the cheapest prices on the net, the total came to like $2,040), so they may be letting me use it only because it's a big order, but I'm just throwing in my 2 cents whatever the case may be.

Well, I am going to retract my statement on their customer service. They allowed me to pay the difference on what the coupon saved me ($144) and shipped out my F90bt. They called me and have tried to answer all my questions and have been very professional and eager to help. If I need anything else - they will be the first place I look.