AVIC411.com

Upgrade from Z1 to F900BT

not the same.

BTW, Pioneer doesn't consider going from the Z-series to the F-series (even the F90) an upgrade. I called them to express my frustration saying how an F unit should operate the same or better than my old Z2. They told me the F-series is an entry level and going from the Z to the F is a step down. It kinda pissed me off. I told them that I was gonna take back my F and get a Kenwood. The response I got really surprised me. He said, "Fine by me." Great customer service...

I told them that I was gonna take back my F and get a Kenwood. The response I got really surprised me. He said, "Fine by me." Great customer service...

Thats pretty much what I would have said too. If you're going to throw the competitors product in my face, why should I bother changing your mind? These people are just doing their job and begging you to change your mind isn't really one of their responsibilities tbh.

And yeah, going from a Z to an F is definitely a downgrade.

And yeah, going from a Z to an F is definitely a downgrade.

I went from a Z1 (Z3 HDD) to a F700. Even though I pocketed almost $400 from the "downgrade" after selling my Z1, I miss it sometimes. I question whether I made the right move. My Z1 worked awesome the whole 2.5 years I owned it, never had a complaint.

I have an F700 now and I am pretty unimpressed with its overall poor performance. It does a few things well, but Pioneer needs to get the lead out and fix the issues or I will either go to a Z or the Kenwood. I would prefer stick with Pioneer brand since I would have to change out my SWI-PS and Sirius receiver if I went with Kenwood.. still deciding.

Thanks for the info guys, actually th f900bt is for my Jeep I've had the z1 in my XG350 for over a year now and no problems just wanted to make sure that the unit worked lol. Reason for going to a flash unit I figure going off road with a hard drive based unit will eventually kill it as my Jeep likes the bumps. 8)

Is the 900 really that bad I've read just about all the posts here and from waht I can see the last firmware upgrade and a bit of hacking seem to make it very functional.

Thanks again

Is the 900 really that bad I've read just about all the posts here and from waht I can see the last firmware upgrade and a bit of hacking seem to make it very functional.

Its a cool unit, its got some neat features.. it just has a lot of issues and quirks that havent been addressed. Pioneer made the mistake of giving out their navigation, bluetooth and sirius receiver to third parties to develop.. and therein lies the problem. The boot time I can deal with since music starts playing immediately.. but bluetooth and some particular navigation problems not to mention the overall slugishness of the unit really leave you wondering how the product was released in the first place.

I'm not bitter, even if it sounds that way, but I come from the world of professional IT where problems are made right as soon as possible. Pioneer is taking their precious time and not really keeping us updated when things will be fixed.