AVIC411.com

Ipod Touch 2nd Generation

Hot out of the box, I received my new iPod touch 32gb unit, and after hours of syncing, I pluigged it into my Avic F-900bt and lo and behold it worked as flawlessly as my iPod classic. Audio was good, cover art was perfect and video was searchable, controllable and looked great.

I appreciate the efforts apple and Pioneer put forward to this, or what a great success by accident !

Happy driving !

Hot out of the box, I received my new iPod touch 32gb unit, and after hours of syncing, I pluigged it into my Avic F-900bt and lo and behold it worked as flawlessly as my iPod classic. Audio was good, cover art was perfect and video was searchable, controllable and looked great.

I appreciate the efforts apple and Pioneer put forward to this, or what a great success by accident !

Happy driving !

I had posted a thread about this the other day. That is awesome! Might have to pick one of these up now

I just picked up an F900BT, and from my understanding, an original 16gb iPod touch will not work with the latest firmware? (I can't get mine to connect, which is why a google search led me here) Would a downgrade fix this, or is the 1st gen Touch just not compatible?

Thanks in advance!

It will work if you downgrade to the 1.4.

I just updated to the newest to see if it was would work, 2.1, and no cigar, still doesnt work. I have no idea why the 2nd gen touch works.

• 2 weeks later...
I can also confirm the ipod touh 2nd works almost flawlessly and with video! Seems apple made sure their new touch works well with the avic.

What firmware version is the 2nd gen iPod Touch?

Have any updates come out since it was released?

My 2nd gen just got here a couple hours ago. I'm still at work, with no iTunes on my PC, so I can't check. I want to be sure that if any updates have been released, and someone has done them, that they can confirm it still works with the F series.

Thanks.