AVIC411.com

[URGENT] Will firmware update delete EQ Settings?

I have the F90BT that was just installed by a really good installer who I paid ALOT of money to. Anyways, I'm about to install this firmware update and would like to know if it will delete the EQ settings, because I have no idea how to setup the EQ and this guy did it for me and it sounds absolutly amazing right now.

So if the update does delete them, is there a way I could back them up before the update onto my SD card?

It does reset them to the defaults. But you could always go though the EQ settings, fade, balance, cutoff frequencies, sub settings, and bass boost, etc. and write them down so you can set them back once the update is done. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes or so.

It does reset them to the defaults. But you could always go though the EQ settings, fade, balance, cutoff frequencies, sub settings, and bass boost, etc. and write them down so you can set them back once the update is done. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes or so.

I'm illiterate when it comes to eq settings, i wouldn't know what to write down...

isn't there a way to save them somehow to an sd card?

No, you can't save EQ settings to SD/USB, but there's so few settings anyway it's not necessary. :)

Go through each option on the AV Sound menu and write down the values in each one. The EQ settings are easy - there are lots of sliders when you look at the EQ screen, but there are only 3 seperate EQ "bands"; just write down the frequency and wide/narrow setting for each band (low, mid and high) and that's it - job done. I'd note down the HPF, loudness etc settings (and subwoofer settings if you have one) as well, and that should be about it :)