AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add US Speedcams W/Warnings

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys do realize I posted that file that I paid five dollars for so you could have it for free right? :D

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17592

And you know what pisses me off the most? Between the one I paid $10 for, and the one you paid $5 for, there is not 1 single cam listed within an hour's drive of me. F'in BS man :x

OK, I've found what the problem was -- latitude and longitude were reversed between what KML (and anything else ;) ) uses and what iGO expects.

I've changed the executable (it will also process multiple files now). If I am happy with import results, I'll post it later today.

I got the notifications working but only for new cameras that i add manually. The speedcam files that are on my sd, kml and usericon show up as poi's, but i dont get notification of them. The sd card files have the red icon and the new ones i add have a different icon. I took the 3 westcoast redlight camera files and made them into a txt with that app posted, then i copied and pasted them into 1 txt instead of 3. Will this work now if i add the txt i made to the igo folder?

What ever you import as POIs will show up on screen, but they are not treated as speedcams by the software.

Here's a new import program. Produced files do get imported into a PDA version of iGO so I see no reason they should not import into AVIC either.

I also included already converted text files and the .spdb file that iGO created on my phone as well, but I am not sure if spdb is portable between devices.

To use: run the program, click process button, select KML files you want and click Open in the file selector. It will think for a few seconds and spit out TXT files.

Still needs .NET 2

PS To my surprise, VBLUE's camera lists have ZERO speedcams in Illinois...

KML2iGO.zip

Yes, I did them separately so I could troubleshoot them one by one if there was a problem.

Technically, you could combine either original KML files, if you feel comfortable with making that XML tags end up where they should be, or resulting TXT files (just make sure you only have one header).

Technically, if you are not going to go to, say, Canada, there's no sense in loading Canadian cameras etc...

Exactly. I only use the 3 west coast cam's. They seem to be pretty accurate! Do you think i could combine the 3 txt files into 1? Or is there some limit?

There might be some limit, but well beyond anything we get here. I know рефе the "official" list of all of Europe's speedcams comes as one TXT file, and it is orders of magnitude larger than US/Canada list. Unit will just spend a bit more time parsing it.

Just make sure that you remove X,Y,TYPE,SPEED... header from the 2nd/3rd file when you merge them.

• 1 month later...

After the 2.0 update it will now mute my music while a cam warning is going off, which I think is very useful. Now for the not useful part, all of the gui parts of the speedcam interface are now hidden. i.e. I can't add speedcams into the database by touching the map anymore nor can I remove them.

I haven't had time to start screwing with the new data.zip to try to fix it but at least there are still warnings. If I can only get it to ATT the music instead of mute I'll be happy.