AVIC411.com

D3 Downgrade Instructions. Requires remote!

• 2 months later...
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I managed to downgrade without a remote control.

I upgraded the maps then got some problems and decided to change the language to english to explain better here (previously french). The system restarted and asked for appropriate disc... I fed him the old disc and it downgraded like a charm.

Dude you are a LIFE SAVER!!! This worked perfect for me. My unit was having trouble reading my burned discs so I needed to downgrade until I could find a better solution. This worked perfect THANKS!!!

I upgraded the maps then got some problems and decided to change the language to english to explain better here (previously french). The system restarted and asked for appropriate disc... I fed him the old disc and it downgraded like a charm.

Dude you are a LIFE SAVER!!! This worked perfect for me. My unit was having trouble reading my burned discs so I needed to downgrade until I could find a better solution. This worked perfect THANKS!!!

i thought your burned discs were working fine?

I believe I posted this BEFORE I tried using TDK discs. I originally was using the Verbatim discs which I thought were working fine. But after days of use my D3 started acting up. So I ended up DOWNGRADING my unit back to the stock discs which read just fine. But then later that day I bought some TDK discs and re-burned my 80MT Discs onto those TDK discs. The TDK discs have solved my issues SO FAR but who knows though, only time will tell lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Worked like a champ.

For anyone having, really any, trouble with your D3.... DO THIS DOWNGRADE!

I was previously having trouble searching through the POI database. The D3 would lock up all the time. Then it got a little worse. Then a little worse. Then I couldn't really use the navigation at all, just look at the map. Then the "insert proper disc" message kept popping up and would not show the map even. Did this reset and now EVERYTHING works like new.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

let's say that when I tried to update with a 100MT disc that I made myself, but the disc wasn't made good and about half way through the update the installation stopped and the D3 couldn't read the disc all of a sudden... everything seems to work fine with the unit, but some of the background pics are messed up and corrupt, so who knows what else other files could be corrupt. I've since made another 100MT disc that works perfectly (I had a bad DVD burner the first go around... it was like 6 years old...)

could I basically use these same steps and use the new good 100MT disc instead, or would I need to source out and download an .iso of an original disc (what is it, 70MT?)

How did you manage to do it without Remote? what did you press?