AVIC411.com

D3 Downgrade Instructions. Requires remote!

Getting to the service menu and these steps are exactly like the D1 pretty much. You will have to have the remote and one of your original discs.

The numbers on the remote work like a 4 way dpad when navigating. The 5 key works as enter in some menus, in some menus the 7 key did the job i think, and in some menus 1 was Back instead of 4 i think. I could be wrong about these but you shouldn't mess anything up pressing the wrong one.

Service Menu

1. Hold eject and reset at same time, release reset button once screen blanks out. Do not release eject button yet.

2. Screen will say "please push reset button". Release the eject button at this point.

3. Take your remote and enter 8 1 8 3 7 2 0 8

Flashing Software.

1. Once the service menu appears push 6 to go to the next page.

2. Use the 8 key to scroll down to "PROGRAM FORCED WRITE", select it with the 5 key.

3. Insert one of your navigation discs.

4. Select "SYSTEM PROGRAM"

5. Select "DVD/CD ROM". I think i used the 7 key to select it on this screen.

6. If it asks to select your language then select your language. i chose English and i think 7 was used again here to select it.

At this point you should see the % go up and eventually it will be done and you can press either the 1 or 4 key to go back to the "PROGRAM FORCED WRITE" screen.

Flashing Software part 2

1. Once back at the "PROGRAM FORCED WRITE" screen. Choose "APPLICATION PROGRAM". Follow the exact same steps we used in the "SYSTEM PROGRAM" area to do the flash here.

Finishing up

1. Once the flashing is done use the back buttons to get back to the original test screen. I honestly dont remember what i pressed to get back to it. It may have been the "clear" button on the remote.

2. Press the 6 key on your remote to go back to the second service menu page.

3. Scroll down to "CLEAR BACK UP MEMORY" (i think its option 5)

4. Select it with the 5 key. It should ask you to reset now. Press reset and you will be back using the old 2007 maps.

If you are doing this to sell your unit and the unit is not in your car you will have do the bypass on your workbench (ground the parking brake wire and move the mute wire) to reset factory defaults or your favorite places will still be in the system. I do not know if this info can be reset from the service menu.

Worked like a charm, thanks Cozmo!

I will add that after doing this yesterday (and thinking it was done)...this morning when going out to leave, it asked for the appropriate disc, and I thought, oh-no. But it downloaded the code and all is well with my real disc again.

P.S. I'm glad I had the remote as well :?

• 1 month later...

Thanks Cozmo

My CD-R55 remote arrived today and I followed your instructions to remove the updated CNDV-80MT maps from my Pioneer D-3 worked like a charm.

I found a ebay seller with them for sale for $17 us and the remote arrive in less then 4 days.

I needed to down grade as the new version of the maps provided no voice navigation for my local area, which made the unit pretty much useless in my city unless I wanted to watch the screen constantly which almost go me into trouble a couple of times.

5. Select "DVD/CD ROM". I think i used the 7 key to select it on this screen.

6. If it asks to select your language then select your language. i chose English and i think 7 was used again here to select it.

It didn't ask me to select a language at this point not sure why just went into % loading

Finishing up

1. Once the flashing is done use the back buttons to get back to the original test screen. I honestly dont remember what i pressed to get back to it. It may have been the "clear" button on the remote.

yes the clear button takes you back to the last screen.

Thanks again

Pup..

• 2 weeks later...

First I tried to upgrade to the 80MT disc but right after the update it shows the "insert appropriate disc".

Then I used the method in this tread to downgrade with my original disc. I downgraded fine but when I rebooted it still saids "insert appropriate disc".

I was looking at the version in the service menu and it shows that next to the GPS software, instead of version it shows "NG" I am assuming it means no good?

Any ideas?

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I managed to downgrade without a remote control.

I upgraded the maps then got some problems and decided to change the language to english to explain better here (previously french). The system restarted and asked for appropriate disc... I fed him the old disc and it downgraded like a charm.

My unit resets fine. Comes up with the "release reset button" alert, so I let go of the eject button. Then I type in the code and nothing happens. Screen does not change and continues displaying the "release reset button" message. I can type in the code 15 times and no change. Any help?

This POS is under a year old, but is integrated into a $500 dash kit controlling my HVAC. I'm not about to rip it all out and mail it in. Especially in December. :evil:

• 4 weeks later...

This is the remote that I'm using (CD-R55). I noticed that there's two different versions of this remote. I have the black one pictured here:

266588.jpg

What remote are you guys using? I thought I saw somewhere another remote that was silver in color. I'm also getting no sound when I hit the buttons but I can switch the source and change the songs on my ipod.