AVIC411.com

firmware 2.1 on 1st gen ipod touch

Hi, has anyone tryed if the latest 2.1 firmware on a 1st gen itouch works on the F-series?? I currently have it on 1.1.4 and it works ok but the album art looks like crap (not resolution, more compatibility issues) and I can't watch video. I've read on other posts that the 2nd gen itouch works perfectly but i'm not sure if the firmware that comes on that one is EXACTLY the same as the update to 2.1 on the 1st gen. I just don't want to make the upgrade and then find out that I can't even play music out of the unit witch will make me have to downgrade (too much work).

Hi, has anyone tryed if the latest 2.1 firmware on a 1st gen itouch works on the F-series?? I currently have it on 1.1.4 and it works ok but the album art looks like crap (not resolution, more compatibility issues) and I can't watch video. I've read on other posts that the 2nd gen itouch works perfectly but i'm not sure if the firmware that comes on that one is EXACTLY the same as the update to 2.1 on the 1st gen. I just don't want to make the upgrade and then find out that I can't even play music out of the unit witch will make me have to downgrade (too much work).

I'm having the same issue with my 1st gen itouch and just upgraded to 2.1 and still having the same issue. However I can still use it for audio only via the same CDIU230V cable and change the input from ipod to ext1.

Waiting for some type of solution.

I updated to 2.1 on my girlfriend's itouch and the unit doesn't even recognize it, the itouch doesn't even charge. What a disapointment I just don't understand why they make a software update, witch should be an "upgrade" and things just get worse. I have been very happy with my F700 but this type of things realy piss me off. I use the ipod to listen to music 90% of the time i'm in the car so I just want it to work flawlessly, I guess the word flawless doesn't exist in the dictionary of pioneer engineers.

I agree this is pretty bad, but in pioneers defense, why does apple need to change the interface? I mean it should be a standard, just like usb is for computers in regards to compatibility. If someone changed out a pin on a usb interface, it would cease to function in all devices built to work with the spec.

Point is is it pioneers fault for not making it work with all versions of ipods and iphones, or is it apple's fault for changing the specs?

I mean "iphone" compatible has to be on all accessories now, or expect them to not work with any sort of ipod accessories witha dock connector.

I know this solution kinda sucks, but sell your current touch and get the new touch 2.0. It's worth it. It works almost perfectly (had 1 disconnect, but hey, nothing's perfect). It has best of everything... has the 2.1 firmware, seems to sync a lot easier, plus it allows video playback off the ipod.