AVIC411.com

Pioneer sub

• 3 months later...
^ hows the SPL? Can you feel some bang? like say maybe two 12s?

It's not nearly as loud as 2 12's, or even as loud as some single 12's, but the sub's made for very tight spots like under back seats in full cab trucks and such. Given the size and depth of it, it does handle a lot.

I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants to set off car alarms with their system, but definitely to someone who wants just a little more power in a very discreet spot, or who wants to save space in the trunk.

For crazy loud bass I'd go with JL's W7 or Kicker's L7. I had 2 L7's powered by a 1500w Hifonics Mono in a custom box I built for my S10 Xtreme (they were in the EXT cab facing the driver and passenger) and it was too loud for my taste. If I turned it up, it became difficult to breathe depending on the song, or my nose was itchy :shock:

Hey CatchMeIfYouCan631 what do you think about the Bazooka's D class amp. sub? I'm into Jazz and I'm 52 so I don't need all that loud crazy bass.Just tight, accurate, and hard hitting at times.I have a 2004 Ext. cab Ford Ranger.Thanks !!

I like the the small footprint and the ease of taking it out when I need more room in the back.I installed a Bazooka tube in a friends car back in the 80's and was completely surprised by the power and how tight and hard it hit.

I have one TS-SW1241D in a thin profile box under my rear seat in my 04' f150 supercrew. I have about 130watts RMS going through it. It is a little underpowered but the frequency response is nice and complements my components up front with my 6x8's in the rear door. I think I ebayed it and got it pretty cheap. It is sitting in about 4" of depth. The box is home built to maximize space. It only needs .5 cubic feet. My SCrew could of taken two of them but I did not want to relocate the Jack plus I only had one amp at the time.