AVIC411.com

back up

And my problem is completely different,

When I tried to copy the files into my computer all files copied well except for the following four files:

My Flash Disk\WINCEIMG.BIN

My Flash Disk\APL2\VBT\SKIN\background.bmp

My Flash Disk\APL2\VBT\SKIN\LISTITEM.BMP

My Flash Disk\APL2\iGO\LoqTTS6.dll

Is there anyone else who is having the same problem?

I checked those files and they come down to my PC from the SD card with no issues. I used a 2GB Sandisk Ultra-II SD card. Works perfectly. My unit is an F700bt US model - soon to be an Euro model. :D

Tom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I got my unit backed up okay. If you are having problems make sure your card is formated in FAT. I don't think it would matter if it was FAT16 or FAT32.

Also remember that the unit changes the colours used for day/night. I started playing with my system in testmode during the day, then finished the mods at night. When I restarted the system the maps were full of black portions and I was a tad worried something was wrong, but this is normal. The next morning it was all back to using the normal colours.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
I don't have an SD card reader for my computer... I will buy one if I have to, but any chance this will work using the USB cord and 2GB USB card??

I think that you can only use an SD card to start up in test mode, you can buy a card reader for less then $20 if you look around. I got a reader w/ a 1gb card with it for like $21 like 2 years ago, it is a SanDisk MobileMate SD+ reader

Hi everyone,

I tried backing up my data onto a 4GB SDHC Class 6 card. I get into test mode fine, start copying files fine but then it hangs on a file called media something or other (within a minute of copying). Anyone have any idea about this? I'm really looking forward to uploading a user-created set posted here by Cmh928!

Also, does anyone have a fresh set of the original settings that I might be able to download should I not be able to back mine up? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Sal

• 2 weeks later...
I had another issue. With mine i would copy the flash to my card and it would say there was not enough space on the SD card WTF its a 4gb card also tried it on a 2gb card same thing

I finally copied it file by file and found that when i came to the My Flash/User/user/UserData/Setup It would give me the "Not enough space" message. even on a empty 4gb card

Any thoughts on that one?

i have the same issue , iv tried re-formating the SD .re-downloading the Testmode file and keep get the same "Not enough space" PoPup. This is on a 1.0GB SD(967mb free) and running 2.0firmware .

Has anyone cleared this up? I've used 2 different 4gb cards and 1, 2 gb card.

I've checked the properties of both and all should be fine.

I've tried to use the menu, keyboard, and drag and drop. No love, still "Not enough space"

Any help please!

S.

I had another issue. With mine i would copy the flash to my card and it would say there was not enough space on the SD card WTF its a 4gb card also tried it on a 2gb card same thing

I finally copied it file by file and found that when i came to the My Flash/User/user/UserData/Setup It would give me the "Not enough space" message. even on a empty 4gb card

Any thoughts on that one?

i have the same issue , iv tried re-formating the SD .re-downloading the Testmode file and keep get the same "Not enough space" PoPup. This is on a 1.0GB SD(967mb free) and running 2.0firmware .

Has anyone cleared this up? I've used 2 different 4gb cards and 1, 2 gb card.

I've checked the properties of both and all should be fine.

I've tried to use the menu, keyboard, and drag and drop. No love, still "Not enough space"

Any help please!

S.

try going inside the flashdisk and selecting everything in there and copy it to your SD

Thanks, I tried going into the flash disk, selecting all, then copying into the disk. No go. Any other ideas?

thanks

S.

have you tried this

Nevermind, finally got it to work. I renamed my SD card so there weren't any spaces, seemed to be the case with my iPhone's name as well. This unit doesn't like spaces or symbols apparently...
Thanks, I tried going into the flash disk, selecting all, then copying into the disk. No go. Any other ideas?

thanks

S.

have you tried this

Nevermind, finally got it to work. I renamed my SD card so there weren't any spaces, seemed to be the case with my iPhone's name as well. This unit doesn't like spaces or symbols apparently...

Yup! I've formatted 4 different cards (2 and 4gb), PC and Mac. I'm stumped.

I saw that someone loaded the flash disk as 10 different files on an ftp site. Has anyone just loaded the whole flash disk as a single file on an ftp site?

S.