AVIC411.com

2008 Map Upgrade disk now available!!!

I am in Vancouver and would like to join in a group buy. I think we should all be realistic in the cost though. I estimate it to be the following cost :

CNDV-80MT Navigation Software Update DVD = $120.00 US

Shipping to a US Address : $5.00 US

Taxes (Assuming it is shipped to Washington State Address) : $10.08 US

US Postage to ship from USA friend to Canadian Address : $10.00 US

Sub-Total for the DVD Upgrade Disk = $145.08 US

Sub-Total converted to Cdn @ 1.085 (2.5% above bank rate) = $157.41 Cdn

Verbatim Dual Layer DVD's (Future Shop) 20 Pack = $54.99

+ Taxes (BC) = $61.59

DVD West + DVD East requires 2 DVD's so a 20 pack of Verbatims can make 10 sets of Navigation Software.

2 DVD's = 1 Navigation Set = $6.16 Cdn

Canada Post Express Post (2 day delivery service with $100 insurance and tracking) the DVD's to the people who pitch in to the bulk purchase = $14.00 Cdn. This is an estimated price and not exact.

Summary :

10 People Group Buy

$15.74 + $6.16 + $14.00

$35.90 Cdn for each person

15 Person Group Buy

$10.49 + $6.16 + $14.00

$30.65 Cdn for each person

20 Person Group Buy

$7.87 + $6.16 + $14.00

$28.03 Cdn for each person

I think whoever organizes the group buy should collect the money first once they confirm they have the DVD's and then send out the back up copies. If they don't collect the $ first, there is a chance that after they send out the first copy, someone may post it up on newsgroups or hijack their sales and start selling their own copies leaving the original purchaser holding the short end of the stick.

I'm willing to pay the $36 if someone organizes the group buy.

I work for FS, so we could severely cut down the cost of those DL +Rs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ryval for the info on the DVD's. I think I've seen them on sale before but even if they are half price, we would only save about $3. I think the majority of the cost is the Nav DVD and Canada Post.

Regular mail would be $2 but I personally would rather have the 2 day service with tracking.

It helps protect both the buyer and seller. Also we would probably Paypal the group buy organizer and Paypal charges a 2-3% fee so my initial calculations may need to be increased to cover the Paypal transaction fee.

There's gotta be at least 1 person here somewhere who works at a car audio place who can borrow a set from a display model and upload them...
hmmm... good call. Do the F series use this disk? Cause we have some f900/700 at work so I can check those boxes. I thought that they were HDD though.