AVIC411.com

Bluetooth volume LOUD!

Hey folks,

Another annoyance/issue I've seen with my F90BT bluetooth is volume. I have turned the two volume options down to 1 click above the lowest (otherwise no sound is heard at all), and it still scares the bejeesus out of me when I get a phone call! Caller's voices are also incredible loud!

I have tried adjusting the volume on my phone bluetooth volume (iPhone) as this works great with every BT headset I've used, but has had no effect on F90BT.

Anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the volume for both incoming rings and call volume?

are all your other button beeps loud as well? the loud beeps and volume would happen if you are running speaker leads directly into a factory amp instead of using a low level rca type of signal. the high output from the speaker lead connection would cause that.

so...what kind of car...year, make, model, and factory upgraded sounsystem??

Hey folks,

Another annoyance/issue I've seen with my F90BT bluetooth is volume. I have turned the two volume options down to 1 click above the lowest (otherwise no sound is heard at all), and it still scares the bejeesus out of me when I get a phone call! Caller's voices are also incredible loud!

I have tried adjusting the volume on my phone bluetooth volume (iPhone) as this works great with every BT headset I've used, but has had no effect on F90BT.

Anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the volume for both incoming rings and call volume?

How was transferring contacts from your iphone into the 90Bt? Pretty easy? Do the contact names appear on the screen when you have an incoming call? What about multiple numbers for the same contact? Im getting a 90bt installed shortly and want my 1st gen iphone to integrate well with the 90bt.

iphone transfer went easy but when you have multiple numbers for a contact there is still that bug where the avic doesn't know what to do so it creates an individual contact for each number... resulting in the same name for different numbers and you don't know what is what until you call them.

Does voice recognition work??? And is it displaying the contact name on received calls as well.....these are problems ive read about in the past and just wanted to see if the issues have been resolved. Thanks!

I transferred my phone book just fine, no issues there (although it makes me say the last name first when doing voice dailing...) So instead of John Smith, I have to say "Smith John mobile".

Otherwise all the BT functions are working just fine, just VERY loud! :)

Skicrave - Odd question for you. Did you have your BT volume down low on your iPhone BEFORE it connected to the AVIC? Or are you saying you can adjust the BT volume on the iPhone during a call and it affects the overall sound coming from your speakers? Mine doens't work in this way, which I would have assumed it would have. Very frustrating! :(

are all your other button beeps loud as well? the loud beeps and volume would happen if you are running speaker leads directly into a factory amp instead of using a low level rca type of signal. the high output from the speaker lead connection would cause that.

so...what kind of car...year, make, model, and factory upgraded sounsystem??

Thats a good question. The button beeps were very loud indeed. I was able to turn these down considerably in the setup though. Vehicle info:

2007 Nissan Xterra Offroad with the Rockford stereo option.

When I did the install I just purchased the plug in wiring harness and connected the speakers that way. It does have a factory amp, but only run the factory subwoofer (AFAIK anyhow).

I transferred my phone book just fine, no issues there (although it makes me say the last name first when doing voice dailing...) So instead of John Smith, I have to say "Smith John mobile".

Otherwise all the BT functions are working just fine, just VERY loud! :)

(

Interesting.....Ive never heard that you have to say the last name first.....I wonder if there is a fix for that. I know in the iphone you can change the sorting order so it organizes by first name........I wonder if you do that and re-transfer the phone book if it will work correctly. So how do you voice dial someone that has multiple numers? And also.....if you add contacts to your phone, do you always have to re-send the address book or will the AVIC recognize there has been a change and basically "sync" the address book or is it all manual?

Interesting.....Ive never heard that you have to say the last name first.....I wonder if there is a fix for that. I know in the iphone you can change the sorting order so it organizes by first name........I wonder if you do that and re-transfer the phone book if it will work correctly. So how do you voice dial someone that has multiple numers? And also.....if you add contacts to your phone, do you always have to re-send the address book or will the AVIC recognize there has been a change and basically "sync" the address book or is it all manual?

I have actually swapped it in my iPhone to be first name first, and then did a resync, same scenario. If there is only a single number for a contact, no need to say "mobile" if there are multiple you have to specify. Otherwise it will say "I have multiple numbers for Smith John, which one do you want?"

I think I replied to your other thread about get your F90 installed, if you figure out how to get your address book going the other way around let me know!

Oh, you do have to sync it up any time you do a change in your addressbook. If only there was mobileme on this thing!

I have actually swapped it in my iPhone to be first name first, and then did a resync, same scenario. If there is only a single number for a contact, no need to say "mobile" if there are multiple you have to specify. Otherwise it will say "I have multiple numbers for Smith John, which one do you want?"

I think I replied to your other thread about get your F90 installed, if you figure out how to get your address book going the other way around let me know!

Oh, you do have to sync it up any time you do a change in your addressbook. If only there was mobileme on this thing!

So it creates multiple contacts under the same name but then it differentiates between mobile, work, and home on all of those contacts. So for example.....Dan Smith has 3 numbers....home, work, and mobile....it creates 3 separate contacts...Dan Smith Home, Dan Smith work and Dan Smith Mobile???? And to voice dial you just say, Smith Dan mobile and it works?? Thats not that bad....i was afraid you would not be able to voice dial anyone with multiple contacts cause it would get confused. Ill let you know if i find a fix for the reverse thing. Finally......ive heard problems with incoming calls not displaying contact name....any experience with this or has it been working fine???????????????

sounds like thats the problem.

get an adjustable premium amp interface and that will fix your issue. just adjust it until your button beeps are a tolerable level as well as your phone calls.

ive run into this several times and you do have a factory amp for the door speakers as well.

Hmm interesting. I'll have to poke around in there when I tear it apart in a few days. Maybe I can figure out a way to avoid the amp all together.

So it creates multiple contacts under the same name but then it differentiates between mobile, work, and home on all of those contacts. So for example.....Dan Smith has 3 numbers....home, work, and mobile....it creates 3 separate contacts...Dan Smith Home, Dan Smith work and Dan Smith Mobile????

It actually just creates a single contact, with three numbers attached to them. Same way it displays on the iPhone. If you have a contact with more than 1 number and you do the voice dial as:

"Call Dan Smith"

It responds "I have more than one number for Dan Smith, which do you want?"

You can then say "Call his mobile" (or something similar with the keyword mobile in it)

If you don't want the additional step, you can just say it right off the bat, which is what I do "Call Dan Smith mobile" or "Call Dan Smith work"

I've had no issues with it not displaying contact info when people call. Always seems to work for me anyhow.