AVIC411.com

Burning Formats??

I used Xilisoft video convertor on the Mac and converted to .mp4 and put on SD. I get sound but no Video. What do I need to do?

And burning dvd-r what format and setting should I convert to?

any help is appreciated.

Rich

I can't remember the settings offhand, but if you look in the back of the manual it tells you what settings you need for mp4 video. It's something like 640x480 resolution, a certain bitrate, h264 codec etc. IIRC an "mp4" file is just a container, the actual codecs used for the video can vary. Personally I wouldn't bother with mp4 video on SD though - I've never got it to play smoothly, despite playing around with codecs and bitrates for some time.

As for DVD-R, just burn files to a disc as normal - my F900 is quite happy with + or -R discs in ISO format, and I think it'll handle UDF as well. Videos should be in Divx format (xvid will not work) with mp3 audio. :)

It's all in the manual:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Stati ... al0722.pdf

Pages 175 - 178

For MP4 here are the basics:

Video Codec: MPEG-4

Size - 640x480

Bit rate - 480 kpbs

Frame rate - 24 fps

Audio Code - AAC

I'm starting to think that MP4's on this unit are pretty useless as well. I have had absolutely no luck having it fill the entire screen, even with 640 width for my rips. I don't mind letterboxed at all, but it doesn't even fit width wise (very confusing).

If you use DIVX you are require to play off a DVD!?!?! However, the maximum specs are higher?!? :roll:

I'm starting to think that MP4's on this unit are pretty useless as well. I have had absolutely no luck having it fill the entire screen, even with 640 width for my rips. I don't mind letterboxed at all, but it doesn't even fit width wise (very confusing).

mp4s will only fill the screen if they're exactly 640x480. If that 640*480 includes black bars, the video will appear not to fill the screen.

The problem is that 640*480 is a 4:3 aspect ratio. However, the F900 is widescreen (16:9). I've managed to get mp4s to fill the screen by resizing them before I encode (i.e. stretch a 16:9 video to 4:3). When the F plays them back it stretches the video widthways, thus making it 16:9 again. Simple eh? :P

i dont have a 90 or 900 i only have the 700. what can i do to get the video to work through the sd or usb.. wat format / bitrate / resolution. Also ive been tryin some softwares and came up with total video converter 3.11, i would prefer xilisoft but coulndt find one that worked well from a torrent. If anyone knows hook the brotha up! Thanx for all ure help!

• 1 year later...

I have been trying all kinds of formats with no success. freezups, screen size.... all crappy......

I decided to go from a 16GB down to a 2GB thinking the card size was the issue. the video was still crappy BUT, I happened to have a 10 second video file I made with my blackberry on the sd card. It was a .3GP file. It played perfect.

I now have movies the fill my screen completely and video that plays without freezes or skips. I encode movies using "DVDFab6" using the "dvd to file" option. I convert to .3GP and use the following custom settings;

Frame Resolution... 720 X 540 (fills the F500BT 16:9 screen - could handle some slight tweaking)

Fixed BitRate....... 650kbps

Split.................. No Split

FrameRate.......... 23.976 (defaulted to this, so i left it... )

Audio BitRate....... 64kbps

Audio Channel...... Dolby Prologic II

Volume.............. 300% (for my installation).

The video is more than good enough, and though it is not as smooth as my home TV, it is very good.. :P