AVIC411.com

Got my new F90BT installed today in my 2007 Silverado!

So i got my new F90 the other day and i took a day off of work to "finish" the install. I am going to hook up some subs and 2 amps soon so i am not finished yet. I also am waiting on my steering wheel controls to come in the mail. (slow ass usps...)

I bought the Sirius tuner and hooked that up last night. That was pretty easy to hook up. I really like this headunit. I did the bypass. It was ridiculously easy to do thanks to this website. The VSS hookup was super simple aslo.

I tried to mount the GPS antenna underneath the dash mounted to the top of the radio but i couldnt get any signal so i removed it and placed it in the corner of the dash by the VIN plate. not my favorite spot, but it'll do.

i can't believe how much better it sounds with this new radio. I knew it would sound better, but i am very happy with it. i can't wait to get my amps and subs in.

I have heard a lot of complaints on the slow start up, but i don't think it's too bad. i get satellite radio reception/sound in about 10-12 sec. and nav in less than 2 min. i love all of the features it has. the picture for the DVD is excellent! i put in ice age 2 for my daughter on the way home from the store just to test it out and it looks awesome and the bypass works great.

just a few pics for now...

DSCN3843.jpg

DSCN3845.jpg

DSCN3852.jpg

DSCN3850.jpg

OT: Awesome bike. I have an 08 1098. Best bikes in the world.

Thanks. I love it. One day I will get a new one.

Did you get your steering wheel control adapter yet? Which one did you purchase?

I have a 04.5 Silverado and I am using the Peripheral piece. It works but it will not work the AM/FM presets.

I got it the day after I put the radio in. I will be finishing the install this week. (amps, subs and steering controls) I got the PAC Audio SWI-PS unit. It looks like a nice piece. Just a bit confusing to install as far as programming the buttons.

I got everything installed last week. (subs and steering controls) Everything works awesome. The steering controller was pretty easy to install. I had to read the directions about 10X to make sure that I understood it. Once I understood it, it was easy to program it.

I have used the bluetooth a few times and it works great too. I put the mic on my A pillar. It's a little higher than eye level. It is VERY sensitive. I tired to talk with the window down and that was a no go. My wife said it sounded like i was in a wind tunnel. I rolled the window up and she said it sounded great.

The boot up time is fine with me. When i get in and start my truck, the radio turns on, i put my seatbelt on and before i am out of the driveway, about 30ft, music is on. Everything is functional in less than 2min.

That's about it. I am very happy with this unit. Now i have to figure out everything that it does and can do.