AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Issues- Anyone Else

Another issue to add to the list...first few days the bluetooth worked fine......... but...lately when im using bluetooth to make calls, the call starts out fine, then about 5 minutes into the call...the other party can not hear me, but i can hear them talking to me absolutely fine. The complaints i get are "real windy" and "is that a fire-truck?" ....a high pitch whinning sound. None of this i can hear on my end.

After I hang up, and call back, the issue remains until i shut off the unit, and start over. The first call is fine for the first few minutes......then same problem again. Ive re-paired the phone with the unit, and re-set the unit as well. Its basically just real inconsistent as when this problem will start up.

yes i have the update with the newest firmware as my box has a blue dot on it.

--PLEASE ANY HELP/SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated.---

PS. Im using an iphone, and the mic is located right above rear view mirror. Prior to this everyone said it sounded great! frustrating

• 2 weeks later...
just curious, did that solve your problem with the bluetooth? mine does the same thing, but it doesnt degrade over time, it just sucks to begin with. my g/f can never understand me when i call her...she says everything is distorted and difficult to understand.

YES - It solved the problem. I had the unit exchanged and that was over a week ago and I havent had any problems since! Other than the occasional dropped Ipod connection (which is extremely annoying) the unit has been working great.

Im not sure what the deal was with the bluetooth, but it was absolutely unbearable. It wasnt like a muffled or distant sound but an high pitch wail or everything was completely garbled......impossible to have any conversation with. I would get the unit exchanged. Let me know what happens!