AVIC411.com

3 Strikes, it's out?...(F700)

Sorry to whine to everyone, but wondered why I should continue to hope for the best with the F700? Please, someone give me some good news that theirs is working great before I yank this thing out for a final time and go with a Kenwood or something else.

I am on my 3rd unit, and I think that in concept it is a nice device, but in execution, it sucks. Each of my 3 units had the "current" firmware installed.

1. First unit continuously dropped iPod connection. (verified with 5 different iPods, each listed as compliant per Pioneer's website).

2. Second unit stopped working after initial splash screen started to load.

Unit shuts off after about 10 seconds. Resetting the unit does nothing. Prior to that problem developing, I had the same iPod issue as the first unit.

3. Third Unit cannot throughput the Sirius feed that worked on other two units. Same iPod issue as the first unit.

I spoke to Pioneer customer service 2 weeks ago who were mystified that I was having any problems.They suggested I return the unit to my dealer for replacement. I called them again this Friday morning, and got a voice mail. No pone ever called me back. I called Pioneer again on Saturday and remained on hold in a que for 1 hour and 27 minutes. No one ever answered the call. The number I called stated that their navigation service unit was open until 4PM on Saturday. My call was never answered.

I love the high resolution screen and the quality of the bluetooth phone calls and the navigation voice quality, but I am rapidly tiring of being a Beta Tester for Pioneer.

Sorry for the rant.

Mike :evil:

I too have an issue with the ipod on my F90bt. About 20% of the time it drops the connection about 2 min after startup and the only way to get it to re-connect is to shut down the power and start again. Im taking my unit it to get replaced tomorrow because ive been having major issues with the bluetooth phone quality and my iphone....which doesnt seem like a common complaint on this board......getting a high pitch intermittent whail on the other end of the line....so hopefully a new unit will solve the problem. We shall see........