AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 Please insert appropriate disc message

I have had my D3 for 3 months. This morning started the car and a Full screen message on a gray bar appeared asking me to "insert the appropriate disc. I tried both the East and West discs and it just asked me to eject that disc and insert the appropriate disc. Have tried pushing the reset button while power was both applied and not applied to the unit. No luck.

Anyone have any ideas? :?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started to have this problem this week as well. I bought the unit at the end on May. After reinserting the dvd a good amount of times, it finally started to work again but it was temporary. I now get excessive vibration in the connection status screen. Speed pulse works on an off. Everything in the 3D calibration screen is showing asterix(*) and my GPS is having a hard time getting a signal. Oh yeah, I forgot to add the my unit will reboot on it's own and it will remove my backgrounds for the AV and Nav screens. I don't know what the problem might but it seems other people are having similar problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out what is causing these problems?

My D3 just started doing the "Insert Appropriate Disc" act tonight out of the blue. I pulled in to a gas station, turned the car off, then turned it on to leave and that message popped up. I've turned it on and off many times, and did a hard reset using the button on the face with no luck.

After being frustrated for a couple hours, I went back outside to mess with it some more and it booted up like normal (with the disc still inserted) and everything seemed fine. But then the time changed to all asterisks (*) and a message popped up saying something about no GPS signal. I turned it back off, turned it on and now its back to the "Insert Appropriate Disc" message.

Has anyone contacted Pioneer about this problem?

hi there,

the answer to this problem is that someone tried or install newer version of maps that you are trying to install now that's the reason for that message.It doesn;t have to do with dust, or scratches on the original disk.

This answer Pioneer gave to me.

Did anyone have the CNDV-80MT Europe verion?or know any torrent?

i'm in the same boat as all you guys. D3 worked perfect for about a month, and suddenly froze up one day while driving. Did reset and tried putting the disk in a few times and nothing just freezes up and i have to turn it off and turn it on and press eject repetedly to get it out. No upgrades using factory disks. Any new info on this problem would be awesome.

Wow I am suprised so many ppl have the same issue. I just started getting this. I noticed that the time on my unit was **:** so I turned off the car and back on to powercycle the unit. When it came back up I get the insert appropriate disk message as well. I haven't tried to update anything, and the DVD has been in the drive since the moment I got it . I don't don't switch it out for anything since I have an ipod.

I get sound via FM but the screen and menu buttons are non responsive. I have had the unit about 14 months now, so I am out of warrenty as well.

I just removed the unit from my dash and went back to stock. I did get it to fire up breifly and went to the Hardware screen, the device mentions excessive vibration and that I should contact my service center.

I called pioneer, I need to send it back with a 200 dollar check if I want it repaired. I don't like the D3 enough to get it fixed. I think I am going to just get a Nuvi, I considered a F700BT but if it's anything like the D3 it aint gonna last long.