AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 Please insert appropriate disc message

hi there,

the answer to this problem is that someone tried or install newer version of maps that you are trying to install now that's the reason for that message.It doesn;t have to do with dust, or scratches on the original disk.

This answer Pioneer gave to me.

I'm the only one who has ever used this unit and I never installed nor tried to install any map version other than the original maps that came with the unit.

I brought my vehicle back to the place where it was installed. They removed it and reinstalled my factory radio. They've shipped the unit back to Pioneer for repair. It's out of warranty, so I know I'll have to pay. I'd hate to scrap the unit, because I also have the satellite radio and bluetooth accessories. I'm hoping to have it repaired for a reasonable amount.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my repaired D3 reinstalled into my vehicle. Even though it was out of warrantly, Pioneer covered the repair. I had brought it in to my installer once during the warranty period because it had locked up on me, so I guess that was considered the first complaint. It only cost me $45 total. (Removal of D3, install factory, remove factory, Install D3). This thread hasn't seen much good news on this issue so I thought I let you guys with similars issues know that it can be worked out. :D

• 11 months later...

OK so here is what you need to do to fix this. Buy the Pioneer Remote for the head unit. Hold Down the Eject button on the Head unit then press the reset button. Keep holding down the eject until "Please Press the Reset Button" displays on the screen. Then make sure the remote is set to DVD then enter 81837208 and press Enter. Some head units will automatically go to the next screen without having to press enter. On your Remote 2=up / 4=left / 8=down / 6=right / C=Back / 5=Select / 7=Navi . Go to page 2 using the right or left keys. Go to Program Forced Write. Anything that displays NG is corrupt and or not loaded. Select GPS Program and then Select CD/DVD you should see Version 1.5. If not your DVD drive is bad or You have a bad disc. Anyways select the DVD drive and press the Navi Button "7". This will force the map Data Download. You will see a % bar Come up once it hits 100% you are all set . DO NOT HIT THE RESET BUTTON Turn off your vehicle and open the door to turn off the head unit. After this turn back on your head unit and everything will boot back up like normal. :)

People if u have a bad disk or want to down grade, just go into the language settings and change it to spanish or french and once it reboots put the disk in that u want to run the d3 with and when it reboots change ur language back to english or what ever laguage u speak, it worked for me. :wink::wink:

:arrow: UNSOUNDBAXTA....................

This is what you wrote on a reply on Dec 11th

I decided to update to new maps and now I constantly get "insert appropriate disk"

I did all the searches and found how to get into the service menu and when I view the "version check" it lists the current versions. System program, Application Program, but under GPS program it lists NG. I have tried numerous times to force write the GPS Program. When I attempt to force write it, it shows...

1. PC ATA Card = NG

2. Disk = Version 4.40

So I click on number 2 and hit the map button to force write the program and it starts for about 1/10 of a sec then says....

DVD - Flash [ ng ]

I have tried to and succeeded to downgrade the programs back to the original disk but it never works for the GPS program it just shows NG. It does work for the System Program and the Application program.

I viewed each of the disks and and can see the neccessary gps program on the disk but just can't get it to load onto the unit.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thankskcaxt

Private messageTop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteRe: GPS = NG - Pioneer Avic D1

by UnsoundBaxta on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Same issue with my d3 Really Making Me Mad, I wish some one ahd a fix for this.

Then you wrote on the SAME day:

OK so here is what you need to do to fix this. Buy the Pioneer Remote for the head unit. Hold Down the Eject button on the Head unit then press the reset button. Keep holding down the eject until "Please Press the Reset Button" displays on the screen. Then make sure the remote is set to DVD then enter 81837208 and press Enter. Some head units will automatically go to the next screen without having to press enter. On your Remote 2=up / 4=left / 8=down / 6=right / C=Back / 5=Select / 7=Navi . Go to page 2 using the right or left keys. Go to Program Forced Write. Anything that displays NG is corrupt and or not loaded. Select GPS Program and then Select CD/DVD you should see Version 1.5. If not your DVD drive is bad or You have a bad disc. Anyways select the DVD drive and press the Navi Button "7". This will force the map Data Download. You will see a % bar Come up once it hits 100% you are all set . DO NOT HIT THE RESET BUTTON Turn off your vehicle and open the door to turn off the head unit. After this turn back on your head unit and everything will boot back up like normal.

So as noted above and you see the version (1.5) and the install bar go to 100% but you also see the NG and it does not change.....what issue is holding it back from upgrading. I followed your instructions, and as said , saw the version 1.5, saw the loading bar go to 100, but still it says NG. You said on you in the first reply that you had the same problem. Did the procedure in the second reply get rid of the NG? And what appeared?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this same problem. My avic-d3 work once a week when I start car morning. When i turn off engine and turn key to on it not work again. When i leave car in work like 6-8hr and sttark car it work (only radio and ipod, not navi).

I readed all post and i see nobody have answere hot to fix it...

Someone used a remote control to fix it but what kind ? CDR55 or CDR510 ??? It work ??? Should i buy remote ???

I found on us ebay someone fixing it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

http://shop.ebay.com/rch72/m.html?_nkw= ... ksid=p4340

Its 120$. Pioneer Service call 200$ + shipping.

Any body know how to fix it cheaper ?

warbear1586 I bouth a remote and i have same problem like U. "GPS Program" dont want download a stuff. It show only 0% in 1/10second...

I wrote more here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25242

to @ll : did you try guys check every cables in harmess :?: GPS antenna (disconnect and reconnect) :?:

I think maybe it's a some circuit :?:

Did you try everybody insert a second disc map :?:

GPS antena some time show us a wrong location (cold antena or its hide under desk or diper; low siggnal).

Then head unit think we are in different location and it wnat second disc (if you use a east disc it want west disc).

I THINK THIS IS A "APPROPIRATE" PROBLEM :!::)

• 2 weeks later...