AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 Please insert appropriate disc message

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought the remote and tried the fix, but when i get to the dvd option and press 7 for navi, it does nothing.

i have tried to change the language, but then i cannot get the non-navi screens to come on.

any suggestions?

has anyone tried the ebay guy for $120? was he able to fix the problem?

thanks in advance.

well after owning my d3 for over 2 years i came out to the car to head to work this morning and now have it; i've not done any upgrades; havent messed with it and havent even inserted a new cd in about 2-3 weeks. would be nice to find a fix because i'm not going to pay 200 to send it in when i can go get a brand new headunit for 350 on sonicelectronix.com where i originally boughtmy d3. any help at all????

If you are handy with tiny electronic parts then open it up and clean the laser lense with a Q-tip and lense cleaner solution. But first I would have the disc re-surfaced, because with a new lense some light scratches at the right place on the disc would bring the same message. Good luck. 8)

Hey guys I had this same problem but it was not sudden. At first for a couple of months I couldn't type in addresses and crap. And then the Insert appropriate disc problem started. I just downloaded the Latest images CD-MV90T I think and it workes like a charm again ;). Good luck to all of you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys I had this same problem but it was not sudden. At first for a couple of months I couldn't type in addresses and crap. And then the Insert appropriate disc problem started. I just downloaded the Latest images CD-MV90T I think and it workes like a charm again ;). Good luck to all of you.

maybe CNDV-90MT, ITS THE 2009 VERSION IVE FOUND, im gonna try the language gig first, changing the language and trying to load the cd to see if it works , some people here have said they ve been succesfull wit that, if not we will do an update and see if that takes care of it, my Avic D3 is sweet , but i want my navi working dammittttttt. il keep ya posted.

maybe CNDV-90MT, ITS THE 2009 VERSION IVE FOUND, im gonna try the language gig first, changing the language and trying to load the cd to see if it works , some people here have said they ve been succesfull wit that, if not we will do an update and see if that takes care of it, my Avic D3 is sweet , but i want my navi working dammittttttt. il keep ya posted.

you realize this post is over a year old, right?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've just started experiencing this problem since several weeks. The navigation unit just blanks out and restarts suddenly or when it it does work it sometimes misses roads (everything turns into water). The unit also needs several minutes to boot and most of the time the message 'insert appropriate disc' appears. I've bought the newest versions of the discs (CNDV-110MT, 2012 DVD maps) but this didn't fix the problem (I tried switching the language; it works to get the unit working but as soon as the unit restarts it asks for the appropriate discs again). So unfortunately the fixes described above didn't work for me. Too bad, but now I've bought the F940BT :-).