AVIC411.com

AVIC-D2 owner thinking of upgrading to the 90BT, but....

I was really considering trading in for this unit from a AVIC-D2 but the problems here are a bit scary. I like my D2 but I'd love to have Bluetooth...and as simple as it may sound, a knob! iPod contol out of the box would be a plus but since I don't have an iPod, this would be secondary.

Bluetooth seems to be inconsistent at best from what I've read. Is this a good upgrade over the D2 or should I stick with the D2 for now? I also am leary of the delays supposedly produced by this model. Mine has a slight delay but the radio comes on fairly quickly. I don't like the 'true north only' GPS on overhead either but I'd likely keep it on 3d for that very reason if I make the jump.

Again, mine works fine, just looking for added Bluetooth functionality. Should I be looking at another unit?? Is the GPS improved at all?

I have the i760, and as much as I do use the phone in the car, it works fine. I did have to pick one of Samsung profiles for initial pairing to get it to transfer неру phone book properly, but no issues onw.

• 3 months later...

I'm also thinking about upgrading from my D2, and I had a couple of questions. I searched the forums for a while, but didn't find the answers.

First, do the F-series (I'd probably go with a F700BT) use the same power harness, AV harness, remote cable (I've got that running to my steering wheel right now), etc as the D-series? I wouldn't want to mess with the jumble of wires I've got stuffed back there. It would be much easier if I could just take the old deck out and drop the new one in.

Second, one of the most frustrating things about the D2 is that when I do a POI search, I can't sort the resulting list by distance from current location? For example, if I really want some In-N-Out, I have to scroll through a list of cities to see which one is closest to me. Is this changed?

Thanks in advance for the help