AVIC411.com

Sirius Display?

Yeah capper, I mean come on! You have responses from 2 or 3 dudes on the internet! If we can't trust what we read on the internet, what can we trust? Obviously everyone in these forums are experts and have hands on knowledge of the inner workings of every product made for the car.

Silly. Just silly.

I'm sorry if my answer was curt, I certainly didn't mean for it to be rude, I was just trying to answer the question definitively. As Mike mentioned, we've put a lot of work into the FAQ's in each forum (with a lot left to do), in the hopes of limiting repetitive questions, so it's frustrating when something that has already been covered comes up again.

I never purported to be an expert (on anything), but I do have an intimate knowledge of Pioneer's design and protocol, and can assure that this is a limitation of the tuner itself, it's only capable of pulling one "set" of information for the current channel at a time.

The Kenwood DNX5120 uses the same Sirius tuner module. Only one line of info just like the Pioneer. The newer tuners are smaller and I guess dont support 3 lines of info.

That is false. If anything its the SB-10 module. The SCC1 worked fine with the Kenwood DNX5120.

The Kenwood DNX5120 uses the same Sirius tuner module. Only one line of info just like the Pioneer. The newer tuners are smaller and I guess dont support 3 lines of info.

That is false. If anything its the SB-10 module. The SCC1 worked fine with the Kenwood DNX5120.

I just pulled a DNX5120 out of my car last weekend to put in my F90BT.

The Sirius interface is virtually identical.

One line of information. That you can change to show Station, Artist , composer, or song. Pic of my DNX5120

2rfy80z.jpg

For the category list yes. For all the info on song artist and station on one channel you are listening to, No it does not

If you select "4line" from the bottom buttons it shows 4 lines of info and you can select what each line shows. Maybe that's where it displays sirius artwork. As for the Pioneer, I agree that it's the sb10 adapter, not the sirius tuner

I'll take your word for it. Never saw that in the manual. That was never that important to me anyway. I liked the Kenwood but the main reason I switched was the bluetooth unit didn't work that well with my iPhone 3G. Kenwood released an iPhone 3G specific bluetooth update that made the call quality acceptable. But most of the other features wouldn't work, no phonebook download and the voice control for bluetooth was useless. Now that I have been using the Pioneer I find the IGO nav actually routes better than the Garmin in the Kenwood did. At least for me. And the Pioneer sounds 10 times better. Maybe its the 4 volt preouts