AVIC411.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make a very good point and I do appreciate that very much.

The reason is simple. Because the install quality at this point wins out. It's a sweet install and very clean, right down to having figured out well before what is now common knowledge how to connect up the factory steering wheel buttons, and even keeping the OnStar integrated and working 100%, etc.

I don't 'hate' anyone. But, no one likes to get taken advantage of and hopefully you won't ever have the need to rely on any of these two companies for anything important.

Also, as I have both Sat services, I get the best of both services, in which there are definite distinct value each one has that the other does not. That being said, its simply wrong to advertise things that are 100% not true, such as 'All the ACC or PAC10' games, and the largest game so far isn't even on , but IS on the other service who doesn't even brag about it.

And, it's all relative too, as when I get in the mood to listen to those club/house channels, the XM ones are pretty cool for sure. Same if someone's a baseball fan or Cricket or Antarctic Penguin Tossing.

Okay, so now I'm going too far, but really, if it's not MLB, what's left?

Most important is that if anyone has not ever had a moderate problem needing any customer service from either of these companies, and the products are working without the need for help, and got a good deal on the unit, etc. there is worse one can do.

If I were to do it today all over again with this sort of money, it would be the Alpine with Sirius Nav Traffic service, although the Eclipse is a good system too. Otherwise, I'll just go with the newest technologies announced at CES this week from one of the other players.

I'm glad that the Nav Traffic works well for you in the NY area. And, perhaps the service works better there? I could see that happening, but the one thing I hate is to hear that its not current in LA due to the source of info being at fault, as that's not the case at all.

If you want an example, use your wap mobile phone and visit myabc7.com , then click traffic , then select Los Angeles, then select 405 South. Then, you will see a list of actual speeds that are literarily every single exit on the highway, even for both the HOV and regular lanes separate. All for free and all in very quickly updated time. XM will say, its' the source that's the cause of the delayed info, and that's simply not true.

Just curious, have you had the opportunity to set up let's say a roundtrip from your area to a place like Atlantic city and back , and set up the route as a round trip (one single full route to get there and then back again)? Maybe they systems just work different in each zone and that's why we have different experiences?

Hey, anything’s possible.

Of course the one thing we can certainly agree is that I would love if you could FTP me a NY PIZZA about now, as LA still can't figure that one out, ever LOL ...

Thanks again for your thoughts, you are always a great help to everyone on this board, and it is really appreciated very much!!!
  • 1 month later...