AVIC411.com

For the past 2+ weeks, XM Navtraffic has NOT been working in my home area in the West side of Los Angeles. The unit seems to be working fine, as it gives me all the OTHER data for the other zones labled San Barnadino and Orange County, up to the design limit of around 100 miles from my location.

Basically, the closest event and/or speed info is around 40 miles away from LA.

If anyone is from or around the LA area, and/or has a similar problem in their area, would you please let me know.

I have spent useless time with XM call centers (4 calls total over 2 hours) in the past week alone, and they are simply worthless. I have never gotten the promised return calls they promise to you, and today even had a guy swear on his kids he would call me back, but no.

Again, anyone who can help would be appreciated. Also, is anyone has the ability to know a real number to call regarding traffic, that would help too.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have been experiencing the same exact problem for about 3 weeks now. NavTraffic works sporadically at best and when it does, only gives information for Riverside and OC. Tech support at XM has not been helpful, they just keep refreshing my signal and it doesn't correct the problem. I also spoke to tech support at Pioneer, and he recommended I pull the power to the NavTraffic tuner for about 10 minutes, and then replug. I'll try that this weekend. Any luck on your side?

Brian
  • 3 weeks later...
Brian,

Any luck in getting to know what is wrong with our XM traffic service?

Mine is still messed up beyond belief and I'm going to the 'dealer' who's been less than eithical with me in dealing with them and won't name here to still give time to fix it.

However, maybe you know the answers to look for after all this time?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I have had the same problem in the L.A. area. XM tech support is useless. It seems to me that it's either an issue with the L.A. based navtraffic system or those of us having this problem have an outdated firmware issue or something. If anyone has any info please Help!
Okay, now I know there's something going on with these guys at either Pioneer or XM or both, and the only reason they are getting away with it is becuase I think the three of us and a couple more people are the only ones who paid them all that extra money for the service.

It comes for free in some new cars, and almost all the other XM subscribers that call so called customer service are using 10 dollar portable radios.

Typical example of how companies don't care to support the minority who pay the big bucks.

Anyway, I have gotton zero help from the store where I bought it. Pioneer isn't equiped to handle it and everyones blowing me off on this.

I have the time and energy to get them to fix this, but they need to know we all know each other and that this is not a single problem to be ignored.

This being the case, please PM me with your contact info, and I'll get in touch with you regarding how we can go ahead and get this fixed once and for all.

I have a meeting with the owner of the company I purchased my overpriced unit and rip off install fees to this week, and now that I can prove the problems is more than just my compaining (again, I don't think they sold more than a handful due to the word getting out that it's lousy service). They have nothing to compare it to, so they think its no big deal to care about it.

If we work together, that will be much easier to deal with.

Thanks,

Ken
I assume you both bought the AVIC D1 unit, like I did? Iunderstand there are update discs which would update these systems equivalent to AVIC-D2 systems. Have either of you tried updating yet? The cost is $250, which I would spend it I new it solved the problem. You think Panasonic and XM would know this, but apparently not.

Just a thought.
If that is the case, whereby they updated something on Their side that outdated our units, then they should be honest about the situation and send us whatever software and/or new units it takes to fix the situation.

There's some good suspicion on this, especially with their new relationship with some new auto mfg partnerships, especially Cadillac, whereby remember XM is born from GM, and well that explains a lot.

Anyway, the good news and bad news seems to be that whatever it is is very rare situation , otherwise google would have tons of info when you search about the problem. It doesn't.

This forum has over 2,000 members, and still very few problems reported nationally.

So, good news is not very big problem, means most likely on our hardware.

Bad news is that the company doesnt want to admit the problem and then there's no fix if they dont at any cost beside basically being a wimp and letting them do this to us.

Good news is we now have each other to get some results and prove this problem easier.

Bad news is that at the level we can communicate with so far, I truly do believe they don't even know the problem is real.

Good news is that I will end this post now and have more info either today or tomorrow!

Thanks,

Ken
I propose that one of us or all of us go visit Pioneer, they are in LA basin (Long Beach). Let the 'Boss' show off how his system does or does not work properly, and that will be that.

I will go down there no problem as too much invested to just let it go. Otherwise I would dump XM and go Sirius for the traffic too, but that's ALPINE system. Actually ALPINE offers both, so maybe i;ll visit the Alpine dealer and he can show me both of them

Other idea is to visit new car dealer and ask to see demo of nav traffic in the Acura and Cadillacs that have it installed.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I am at the point to basically take it out, and get a full refund , and if they don't comply, I'll be happy to offer the public at large free test drives and demos of my waste of money system.

If anyone wants to join or meet up with me at Pioneers front door sooner than later, please let me know,

Thanks,

ken
I am going to replace my XM tuner with a brand new unit in the next few days to rule out the tuner hardware being at fault.

I am also going to visit local car dealers and ask them to show me their awesome real time traffic service working in the vehicle.

This will let us know if it is the source signal or the hardware.

If this does not solve the problem, I will drive to Pioneer and knock on their door and get their attention to fix the problem OR they can have the whole thing back, and I will happily install the Alpine system with Sirius traffic instead.

I have literally hours and hours of video tape proof of how aweful the Pioneer experience has been and simply cannot deal with it much longer.

I will give them on more chance to fix it by swapping the tuner box.

I'll let you know how things work out.

If anyone wants to join me in working together for a solution, please let me know.

Thanks.

KpL
So here's the latest. Last night driving from Hollywood to the San Fernando Valley around 11pm, all traffic flow functions worked perfectly, including nearby traffic events. Drive to work this morning and nothing, dead again....?????? It has to do with the system information in the area, I'm almost 100% convinced it's not a hardware issue, or even a software issue.
[quote name="bnhicks"]I assume you both bought the AVIC D1 unit, like I did? Iunderstand there are update discs which would update these systems equivalent to AVIC-D2 systems. Have either of you tried updating yet? The cost is $250, which I would spend it I new it solved the problem. You think Panasonic and XM would know this, but apparently not.

Just a thought.[/quote]

You don't need to pay the $250 to get the updated discs. Check the D1/D2 forum, theres a post on there to download the new discs and as long as you have a dual layer DVD burner you can get the new discs for the cost of 2 DL DVD's