AVIC411.com

East Coast Disc FTP Information Contained in this post.

xD! Woot! Thanks man, great work! Nice FTP speeds too, went all the way up to 950 kbit\s but then seemed as if the FTP server has a speed cap, knocked i down to a steady 700\800 Kbit\s. Fantastic speeds though, better than torrenting :)

And with everyone asking, the ISO file is a packed file. When you burn it to a DL-DVD, it will unpack and format to the disc, thus ending up around 7-8 gigs.

I will say that the WEST disc is a bit bigger. I believe the ISO for the East is about....2.9 gigs (in ISO form, not burnt). Where as the WEST is about 3.58 gigs. Though I believe the states the west covers are much larger, thus why the size is different.

I'm assuming these are for the D3, just like the WEST disc?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I uncompress this ISO file form? I used Imgburn an it "complete successfully" but when I go read the size of the disc it reads 2.94. What am I doin wrong OR what programs y'all using?

Magiciso....sounds like all you are doing is taking the file and burning the exact same file to a disc. Not unpacking it THEN mounting it to a DVD-Dual Layer.

*Edit* welp, now I'm pissed. At 75% done the download stopped and failed. Tried to redownload, and the pass\login the FTP has been changed. *Update* Kept copying and pasteing the login, apparently the FTP glitches and seems to think the login\pass is incorrect, when it is in fact, correct. If you get wrong pw\username error input it in a a few more times. I'm dling the .RAR and .ISO, as I don't see why exactly the .ISO is SMALLER than the .rar file when the .rar would be a compressed ISO...that one, confuses me.

Back to Torrenting.

I have the file and I am working on getting my ftp up for you guys too.

I burned the file twice now using toast titanium on my mac, and when I put it in the D3, it just says "Please insert the appropriate disc"

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to reset the D3 first or something? It burned successfully and verified the burn successfully also.

Any help is appreciated!

OK .... I downloaded the ZIP .... when uncompressed it created 7.61 GB ISO ... I mounted the ISO image on my desktop and it looks fine.

Currently burning it to a DL disk right now at 2X ... has about 24 minutes to go ...

Used my Mac and burning with Toast ...

If you are using toast 9 this is what I have done with great sucess.

- Open toast

- Click on Disc Copy (should be 2 disc with an arrow)

- Click on Image File

- Clcik on the select button and browse to the image file (ISO) select it and then click the mount Button.

- Then insert your disc and make sure that you turn off DVD compression.

- On the burn options click on 1x or 2x and allow it to burn. I have burnt 10 discs so far of the East disc and have had no problems. All of them have worked

Not sure what is up with the small iso ... I recommend he ZIP ... it definitely works .... my D3 was just updated. Below is the second screen you get after inserting the disc ... THe first Screen has a message saying disc is being checked .. I wasn't quick enough to get a picture. Then this screen comes up for 30 seconds or so during the update.

BIG THANKS to all those involved in making the EAST disk available!

d3update.JPG

what do you consider great speeds?? i have a fast connection and im downloading slow around 50kb/s

You don't have a fast connection then. I have a 6MB account and I'm downloading at 475KB/sec.

Also, I already downloaded the ISO and it definately is bad. I burned it to a DL DVD and the Avic-N1 wouldn't even read it. When you open it in MagicISO it looks like it is 7.6MB but when you look at it with file explorer it is 2.9MB. You should definately delete that one before it spreads around.

I'm now downloading the ZIP which looks like it is the correct size.

Thanks again for hosting with your FTP