AVIC411.com

Theme's by marmski

wow, this thread got busy. Try to keep it on topic if we can guys please.

How about this for an idea of the Mazda theme? I have modified my Vista Theme to show what i mean...

I know what all the BMP files do, so i can pretty much modify every cosmetic part of the system.. tell me how u want it to look and i will create it. Obviously functionality remains as standard. :D

marmski,

What is the file name and location for the file between 'Phone' and 'settings' at the bottom where you have put the Mazda text? I want to do the same with lexus text.

Thanks

Dave

Anyone?

Dave

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, this thread got busy. Try to keep it on topic if we can guys please.

How about this for an idea of the Mazda theme? I have modified my Vista Theme to show what i mean...

I know what all the BMP files do, so i can pretty much modify every cosmetic part of the system.. tell me how u want it to look and i will create it. Obviously functionality remains as standard. :D

marmski,

What is the file name and location for the file between 'Phone' and 'settings' at the bottom where you have put the Mazda text? I want to do the same with lexus text.

Thanks

Dave

Anyone?

Dave

It's the very first file in the common subfolder in image.res. It's the black background .bmp, and the Lexus will show up on every UI instead of just on the main screen.

where are the theme files for these themes?

Well I'm not done with the iPhone flavored theme yet, got a ways to go, but I thought I would post what I have already and let some of you try it out and let me know what you think.

super !!! i like this verry much ! nice work ! verry clear tumbs Iphone style!

im so new at this so how do i creat a backup? and wheres the apl directory? thanks!

First step before anything, calibrate your screen. next step is to make sure the vista theme is named "Image.res" It will only say image after you rename it, but that's normal. next is get into test mode. click the start bar and go to windows explorer. from there go into storage card. select the Image.res file and select edit :arrow: copy. go back and enter my flash disk, then go into the APL directory. when you get here, open the keyboard up at the bottom right. Select the Image.res, select file :arrow: rename, and rename "Image.res-bak". Then select edit :arrow: paste. turn off the car, turn it back on, and enjoy your new theme.

Another theme if anyone's interested. Polaroids this time. Follow the link. Also, if anyone can explain why my 7zip-ped file for this theme is 0.4mb bigger than the file from my last theme even though the modified .bmp files are exactly the same size, I'd love to understand. I can't upload the file directly to this forum because right now it's too big for the 2mb upload limit. Remember to rename the .res file to image.res

Enjoy.

http://drop.io/97uauoq

post-25751-12872756833466_thumb.jpg

post-25751-12872756834448_thumb.jpg

I like your Fireworks theme, tosaytheleast.

While reading through this thread I was thinking about doing a type of panorama theme myself for the main page. I simply haven't yet received my F90BT in the mail yet, so I can't really start testing things out, haha.

ok can some one make me a theme.. if I can get the pics for ya? thanks...and also... is it possible to REMOVE the XM icon all together?? and maybe just leave it black or blank??? I use Sirius.. and will probably never get XM...... thanks again

ok can some one make me a theme.. if I can get the pics for ya? thanks...and also... is it possible to REMOVE the XM icon all together?? and maybe just leave it black or blank??? I use Sirius.. and will probably never get XM...... thanks again

So you'd rather have just a missing spot for XM? That'd just look stupid, but it's your unit...

Hey, Idk if its just me but when i copy over the image.res file and reboot the only icons that change are the 3 icons on the first screen. No other icon changes and not the bars on top and bottom arent black like yours are in the picture. Btw im trying it on a f90bt. Am i doing something wrong?

where are the theme files for these themes?

Well I'm not done with the iPhone flavored theme yet, got a ways to go, but I thought I would post what I have already and let some of you try it out and let me know what you think.