AVIC411.com

avic f 900 update

Please,

Can anyone tell me wich are the risks from updating european units with the usa firmware)

. Did anyone try it out?

Thank you

for what purpose? to use a European unit in the states? The European units have newer firmware than the US units.

I'm sure 1 major risk you're running is not being able to use the nav at all because all the files in the US firmware are referencing US map data which isn't present on your unit.

But like he said, the EU firmware is newer than the US firmware. The question shouldn't be what's the risk, but rather what would you gain? I can't think of anything you would gain from it, so why even try it?

My interest is this.

I recently update my Avic f900bt with the new european firmware 1.020. But i think it didn´t went all the way, because when it finished the installation i didn´t let it reset by itself. Instead i did a reset myself a reset before that.

The unit switchs on and overal it work fine burt since then my bluetooth connections don´t work properly(the sound too lound in the begining and too quiet during conversation). I think the cause was a bad firmware installation.

I just can´t install another firmware over the one i´ve got (1.020) because it´s the last one (but not too well installed). How can i do a reset and erase the firmware i´ve got an install another one again?

Thank you