AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

Finally, thanks to guidance from forum member BorisM, I have a file that completely replaces the poor excuse for POI icons with the F series. This file actually gives branded POI icons we all will recognize on your map screen. Simply boot into test mode and copy this file to: Myflash/apl2/igo and upon reboot you will have all new POI icons. Most will already be linked to there perspective categories but some will have to be selected manually the first time through the MANAGE POI screen on the unit. The only categories not covered in this file are fast food restaurants but I suspect thats because there is no such option under the restaurants category on the F series. Hope this comes in useful for some. If any of you can contribute to this file and make it better please feel free. All credit for the creation of this file goes to Haplo5 from http://www.i-go8.com

3.0 Compatible

UPDATED TO INCLUDE RESTURANTS AND FAST FOOD :D:D:D

AND NO MORE RED DIAMOND ICON

Look Here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23742&p=161157&hilit=finally#p161157

UPDATED 02-11-2010 Below is the link to an edited version of my file by forum member flyboyindy. It is a much more US friendly file and has most if not all of the European icons removed. This is the file I am now using. All credit for this version goes to flyboyindy.

Here is the link to the file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/265242298/Branding.zip.html :D:D:D

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Add as is. Depending where you got the archive, make sure that icons are inside ui_pioneer folder, not ui_igo8 as they usually are...

The file I posted is already edited to reflect ui_pioneer. But if downloaded from the igo site the files will be in igo8 format.

A lot of the icons are like that. The medical facilities on my unit will not stop displaying, there are a million of them. One thing I have noticed is they do stay almost completely transparent with these new icons so it doesn't bother me like it did with the original icons.