HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

After upgrading to fw 2.0 and then again adding the branding file, all poi icons show up fine. The one thing is there is this one icon that is everwhere like the hospital ones used to be, like multiple per block sometimes! Ive spent about 30min searching through my poi's and can't find this damn icon anywhere. It's a red square with a red diamond inside the square. Anyone else have this or know what it is and where to turn it off please tell me! Thanks guys and gals!

After upgrading to fw 2.0 and then again adding the branding file, all poi icons show up fine. The one thing is there is this one icon that is everwhere like the hospital ones used to be, like multiple per block sometimes! Ive spent about 30min searching through my poi's and can't find this damn icon anywhere. It's a red square with a red diamond inside the square. Anyone else have this or know what it is and where to turn it off please tell me! Thanks guys and gals!

Same shit here, I got that yesterday but was able to get rid of it by hitting the restore to factory defaults under the SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS menu. However I had to restore defaults again tonight and once again it returned and wont go away this time. If I figure it out I reply back.

Ive spent all day trying to figure this out and I think I have narrowed down what the problem is- ANOTHER BUG FROM PIONEER. Just as the factory icons never worked right in that they would show when turned off, it seems they have made it worse. Not only will it sill show icons you dont want even if you turn them off but it will now replace icons meant to show with some other icon. Just for test purposes I removed the branding.zip and the same problem occurs with the factory icons. Pioneer has managed to solve some problems buy creating others and making yet others worse.

My unit is showing those red diamond in a red square icon for random pois i have turned on, some show those, some show the ones it should....pretty annoying! I cant decide if the faster boot time and better responsiveness is worth this first of many bugs we are sure to find!

Guys-- I'm pretty sure I know what that icon is. This is NOT because Pioneer screwed something up in 2.0, and there is nothing random about these icons.

I'm almost positive it's the same icon that was previously represented as the blue boxes with 3 squares in them. So what are those for? They are shown when you are zoomed out a bit and there are MULTIPLE POIs in the same location. Whoever made this zip file very likely replaced those blue squares with this red diamond image. Go find one, and then zoom in further-- I bet it will go away.