HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.i-go8.com/2008/08/igo-8-uk-poi-icon-set-478-icons-in.html

Boris I have tried to download the icons from the above link but I don't know where they are going.I hate that upload 2 site as i can never manage to download any files.Can you suggest anywhere else i can get the file?Thanks.

Seems to work OK for me. Try using a different browser, as VBLUE42 suggested...

I was using these and liked them, but my f90bt seemed to run much slower because of them. So I removed them, and it seems to have sped up again (I miss the icons). Then I removed all the state maps, and pois, and just added the NAVTEC version of the California map and poi. Now my f90bt is even even faster. I also removed the buildings, and turned off the elevation in settings long ago.

Now I'm wondering if I should put the massive poi icons back on and see if it's fast enough.

I am not sure where I am going wrong. I have downloaded the UK POI's from the link above. Do I need to rename the folder ui-igo8 to ui_pioneer?

I have put the zipped file with ui_igo-8 and branding onto a sd card and booted into test mode, then copied across to APL/IGO file and the zipped file has loaded on, but I have no icons!! I think I have new catergories like Tesco's and MacDonalds, but it is still the old icons

p.s I am using igo8.3 maps

Thanks