AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My unit is showing those red diamond in a red square icon for random pois i have turned on, some show those, some show the ones it should....pretty annoying! I cant decide if the faster boot time and better responsiveness is worth this first of many bugs we are sure to find!

Those red diamond icons are icons for general business. I had a different branding.zip file in mine and narrowed it down to that. I took and added the toyota logo, nissan logo and some others I had and the red diamond changed to those logos. The bulk of them I found under business and general category. There are 29 pages of them.

The red diamonds simply indicate POI icons that are too close together so it uses a "crowded icon" symbol to indicate that the icons are too close together. They represent any icons too close together and has nothing to do with certain POI types.

The red diamonds simply indicate POI icons that are too close together so it uses a "crowded icon" symbol to indicate that the icons are too close together. They represent any icons too close together and has nothing to do with certain POI types.

Yes you are correct. But they do certainly play into specific POI icon types as well.

But is it possible to replace the speed camera icon with a new more fun? What can we add more speed cam icons appear according to their type?

It's possible, just change one of the speedcam BMP's. However it only shows a one generic icon for cameras on map. Speedcam warning box can show different icons for different cameras, though.

thank you for your reply. How Speedcams icon appear different depending on their type (fixed and mobile Speedcams Speedcams) ?

problem, the file is speedcam.icon not .bmp, I can not open it either with paint or photshopCS4!

That's becasue the .icon file is just a text file that specifies the actual bitmap for speedcams... The bitmap you are looking for is most probably either speedcam_bigicon.bmp or speedwarn.bmp -- those look like what shows on the map. If you change them don't forget to modifgy the .SPR file appropriately.

ok, I found the speed cams files bmp and pr.

against by most .bmp are "coded" and I can not open them.

Excuse my ignorance, I started in the changes in the F900BT.

Google for MioMap Tool or iPaq Image Explorer...