AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

The only upgraded maps that I have read that will work with stock Avic software (igo 8.0) Is the 04.2008 maps. I have read that the 10.2008 maps do not work properly. However, the 10.2008 POI files will work with 04.2008 maps and may work with the stock Avic maps. If you want this to work I would upgrade to 04.2008 maps and 10.2008 POI files.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes to clarify guys. In order to get the fast food category you have to have 10.2008 POI files. Below is the link I used to get them. Click the knife and fork icon next the states map you want to download the POI's. If you want all of them you will need to click all of them in succession.

http://igo8.gpssoftware.us/2008.10.htm

Oohhh.. I'll have to try that and see if it'll fix my issue on the previous page.

Yes to clarify guys. In order to get the fast food category you have to have 10.2008 POI files. Below is the link I used to get them. Click the knife and fork icon next the states map you want to download the POI's. If you want all of them you will need to click all of them in succession.

http://igo8.gpssoftware.us/2008.10.htm

Oohhh.. I'll have to try that and see if it'll fix my issue on the previous page.

Well I do have fast food now (thank you!) but it still uses the wrong default icons.

I don't know if this question got answered or not but if you want the branded icons to show but show the stock generic icons when a branded one isn't available (fork/knife for restaurants etc) then just do the following:

copy poi_mapclose.bmp and poi_mapclose.spr from DATA.ZIP\ui_pioneer\common to the branding.zip file in the directory ui_pioneer\common (overwriting the files that are already there).

This IMO gives the best of both worlds, branded icons together with the standard AVIC generic ones as I was not a big fan of the generic icons that came with the branding.zip file.

So I fixed my problem with these not showing up anymore...

You will also need to copy those two files to the ui_pioneer\common\night folder! Not sure if that was implied or not, but thought I'd clarify since I was having trouble with it. Man was it a headache too.

Yea I noticed that as well and Im not sure why. It only show multiple files on Windows, they aren't there when I view the file on my Mac. If you do delete them, be sure to delete the oldest files. You can just leave them as is.