HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I remember reading somewhere that the sound whilst driving was infact lane guidance, and if you simply turn it off then the noise goes away....

now i also have a question, i read that someone else here was running the australia maps and V3 firmware....exactly the same as mine (and it was also said that this used ig08.3)

ive added the brandings file to my unit and some icons show up such as dominos pizza...but not mcdonalds and stuff so if i go into the manage poi screen, will i be able to assign the appropriate icon just like that? (i ask and not try because i dont have my car in action at the moment!)

• 2 months later...

I think there should be a write up on how to add our own POI icons, if we all contribute we could fill the missing POI in no time. BTW thank you VBLUE42 and flyboyindy for the great work..

Hi Mnrivera210,

Are you still interrested in a method to add your own icons in branding File? I did it in my french Branding, and I created 2 tools. One to create your own kml file with personnal icons (this doesn't need any modification of Branding.zip or data.zip) and another one to create your own Branding.zip with choosen icons.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mnrivera210,

Are you still interrested in a method to add your own icons in branding File? I did it in my french Branding, and I created 2 tools. One to create your own kml file with personnal icons (this doesn't need any modification of Branding.zip or data.zip) and another one to create your own Branding.zip with choosen icons.

I would... I have been adding them by hand to my USA branding file... What a pain in the....

:)

magicmanskin@yahoo.com

• 3 months later...

Hello to everybody!

Does anybody know is it compatible with 4.00 firmware (last update from CNSD-200FM)

Or maybe I did something wrong?

I just put branding.zip to MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGO in the original firmware (without replacing ezreader.exe or something)

and nothing changed

Please help!