#17 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

Yes they are aren't they. :wink:

2010 SCION TC, iPhone 5, SPH-DA100 APPRADIO 2, APPRADIO EXTENSIONS, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 3SIXTY.2 PROCESSOR, POLK DXI 6500 COMPONENTS IN FRONT, JL AUDIO SEALED POWER WEDGE 12" SUB, SMITH & WESSON.

#18 braddman

braddman

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

Can someone explain exactly what you do with these? I put them in I think...but when I go MANAGE POIS there are a group of POIS there with icons next to them...like RESTAURANTS, etc...I have no idea what to do next.

#19 flyboyindy

flyboyindy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

These work great in 2.0!

#20 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:00 AM

Kick ass, im glad to hear that. :D

2010 SCION TC, iPhone 5, SPH-DA100 APPRADIO 2, APPRADIO EXTENSIONS, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 3SIXTY.2 PROCESSOR, POLK DXI 6500 COMPONENTS IN FRONT, JL AUDIO SEALED POWER WEDGE 12" SUB, SMITH & WESSON.

#21 bbotzong

bbotzong

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:46 PM

flyboyindy... did you have to reload them after you did the update, or did they work from when you loaded them before?

#22 flyboyindy

flyboyindy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:01 PM

Had to reload them... but still very easy to do!

#23 wonderdiva

wonderdiva

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

Yes, they have to be reloaded although it did keep my preferences for which POI icons I would like to show on the map.

#24 cali007

cali007

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

After upgrading to fw 2.0 and then again adding the branding file, all poi icons show up fine. The one thing is there is this one icon that is everwhere like the hospital ones used to be, like multiple per block sometimes! Ive spent about 30min searching through my poi's and can't find this damn icon anywhere. It's a red square with a red diamond inside the square. Anyone else have this or know what it is and where to turn it off please tell me! Thanks guys and gals!

#25 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:04 AM

After upgrading to fw 2.0 and then again adding the branding file, all poi icons show up fine. The one thing is there is this one icon that is everwhere like the hospital ones used to be, like multiple per block sometimes! Ive spent about 30min searching through my poi's and can't find this damn icon anywhere. It's a red square with a red diamond inside the square. Anyone else have this or know what it is and where to turn it off please tell me! Thanks guys and gals!

Same shit here, I got that yesterday but was able to get rid of it by hitting the restore to factory defaults under the SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS menu. However I had to restore defaults again tonight and once again it returned and wont go away this time. If I figure it out I reply back.

#26 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:43 AM

Ive spent all day trying to figure this out and I think I have narrowed down what the problem is- ANOTHER BUG FROM PIONEER. Just as the factory icons never worked right in that they would show when turned off, it seems they have made it worse. Not only will it sill show icons you dont want even if you turn them off but it will now replace icons meant to show with some other icon. Just for test purposes I removed the branding.zip and the same problem occurs with the factory icons. Pioneer has managed to solve some problems buy creating others and making yet others worse.

#27 WeApOn

WeApOn

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:57 PM

So this is screwy as of 2.0? Looks like a ton of POI's are popping up where there is nothing?

#28 cali007

cali007

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:11 AM

My unit is showing those red diamond in a red square icon for random pois i have turned on, some show those, some show the ones it should....pretty annoying! I cant decide if the faster boot time and better responsiveness is worth this first of many bugs we are sure to find!

#29 WeApOn

WeApOn

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:40 AM

So this problem has nothing to do with this mod? But it's a problem with 2.0??

Are there any other mods like this that are more for US? 90% of those icons I don't recognize.

#30 WeApOn

WeApOn

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

Guys-- I'm pretty sure I know what that icon is. This is NOT because Pioneer screwed something up in 2.0, and there is nothing random about these icons.

I'm almost positive it's the same icon that was previously represented as the blue boxes with 3 squares in them. So what are those for? They are shown when you are zoomed out a bit and there are MULTIPLE POIs in the same location. Whoever made this zip file very likely replaced those blue squares with this red diamond image. Go find one, and then zoom in further-- I bet it will go away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users