AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

I still get those wierd red square/diamond poi right next to real poi's when i'm right next to them. Again totally random, sometimes it will show the correct icon for a poi, sometimes it will be the R.S.D. instead. Are we the only few people getting this result from the branding file? Maybe we should just try a diff/new branding file?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It does depend on the amount of POI icons you have displayed on your screen. The red square/diamond seem to indicate "icon crowding" and are displayed when there are several icons in the same area. I did decrease this effect by keeping my screen zoomed in at 150 ft. This apparently is the zoom level allowing most of the icons to be shown separated enough to be individually displayed. Also, I have noticed that with allot of the "crowded icon" symbols, that when you approach their location they separate just enough to display the branded icons. This certainly seems to be a new feature or bug in 2.0. I never saw this with the earlier firmware.

I had the branding file before 2.0 and this definetly did NOT happen. Do you think this can be corrected in the data or code files on the avic itself. Like a hack, but a fix instead? Also how do you change the zoom level?

I agree... mine did not show those until the 2.0 update. Also, it is very sporadic as they do not always appear. Another great AVIC F Series mystery! :?:

I'm zoomed all the way. I will have just one single of these stupid icons on my screen. Just the one red square/diamond icon on screen sometimes. It's irritating if i'm looking for my bank or something and now i dont know if its my bank or a 7-11. There has to be a way to correct this! It just started happening after the 2.0 update! So the 2.0 update did something to trigger these stupid icons to begin appearing. GRRRRRR.

Does anyone know of a way to edit the restaurant POI category?

I think it is really annoying that there are no subcategories. Also, any way to add in the fast food/chain restaurant logos?

Comments/help appreciated!

I concur, if anyone can figure this one out it would be great.