• East & West
    • Nope

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A huge thanks to jlong1987 and routan for the map updates!!!!

I downloaded both last night via ftp, used imgburn to copy them to DL dvd disk (TDK in my case), popped it into my AVIC-D1, updated the system and it works perfectly!!!!

The download of both files took about 5 hours total. Burning to disk took about 1 hour for each one.

Just awesome!!!!

My home which is in a new neighbourhood is finally on the map now.

Hey all,

So ive read through all 17 pages in this thread and have taken all of your adivce. I uploaded about 10 different disks onto my D3 and still get the "please inser appropriate disk" message. So after being completley fed up, i decided to buy the remote so that i can downgrade back to my old version/maps. I recieved the remote a few days back and follwed the instructions to downgrade, but it didnt work. I get stuck with the same damn message.

Has anyone else had problems downgrading back? Or know of any solution? If i buy the original disks, do you think it should now work or is there someway i could have fried the drive? Any advice is much appreciated because im getting lost now everywhere i drive, haha.

Thanks.

After three different attempts I have not been able to get the east coat update. I have tried both the browser download and an ftp download. All three times when I try and open the zip file I get an error message. I have tried using both winrar and winzip. Neither works. Does anyone have any idea as to what can be wrong?

After three different attempts I have not been able to get the east coat update. I have tried both the browser download and an ftp download. All three times when I try and open the zip file I get an error message. I have tried using both winrar and winzip. Neither works. Does anyone have any idea as to what can be wrong?

Me too. I thought I was going crazy. I wonder if someone got in there & , um, corrupted something or other.

As per AudioKrayzy instruction and a little goggling I got to the service menu (I used up 2x then down 2x as the password) on a Avic-D1 and forced program on the 1st and 3rd items but to no avail. The same insert appropriate disk error. I couldn't find the last step he mentioned about Reset saved option in the D1. I now have 2 iso's and 3 coasters that I will put in the microwave. I used Verbatim DVD’s and 2 of 3 verified successfully. What am I doing wrong?

I am very very angry wh JLong1987. I paid him for some update discs on October, 30th. I have not recieved anything. I paid thru paypal luckily. Now Im in the middle of a claim right now. He DOES NOT respond to any of my emails, or messages. I have been ripped off. BEWARE who you deal with. I updated all 3 of my D3's and I had a few customers at my shop who wanted them. I took payment for 10 sets. I ended up giving three of my sets that were for my car to 3 customers. I have 7 other customers who have waited over 2 weeks for there sets. They are mad at me. To top it off since I updated the nav in my 3 cars, I have no navigation anymore since I no longer have the discs and the original discs wont work anymore.

If there is anyone out here who can make me 7 sets. (East and west). I would really appreciate it. I can pay thru paypal instantly. I need them overnighted. i will pay all expenses. Thanks so much, Lu

I am very very angry wh JLong1987. I paid him for some update discs on October, 30th. I have not recieved anything. I paid thru paypal luckily. Now Im in the middle of a claim right now. He DOES NOT respond to any of my emails, or messages. I have been ripped off. BEWARE who you deal with. I updated all 3 of my D3's and I had a few customers at my shop who wanted them. I took payment for 10 sets. I ended up giving three of my sets that were for my car to 3 customers. I have 7 other customers who have waited over 2 weeks for there sets. They are mad at me. To top it off since I updated the nav in my 3 cars, I have no navigation anymore since I no longer have the discs and the original discs wont work anymore.

If there is anyone out here who can make me 7 sets. (East and west). I would really appreciate it. I can pay thru paypal instantly. I need them overnighted. i will pay all expenses. Thanks so much, Lu

Have you tried Pioneer? I hear they have plenty of disks ready to be shipped, and they all come with instructions in a nice package.

regards

~Marc