AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Install IGO8 + Any Country Maps + Full Sound Control

Here's a small tutorial explaining how I did to make Igo8 run with any country map you want.

0. Download and install Leet's launcher from this topic - http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18522

1. Download the igo8 Patched file here - http://rapidshare.com/files/152102819/iGo8.zip.html

2. Put yout unit in testmode

3. Enter the Storage Card

4. Enter the Igo8 directory

5. Copy the contents of the downloaded file to that directory - remember to keep the directory structure.

6. Copy the map to the igo8/content/map directory

7. Copy the 3dl to the igo8/content/building

8. Copy the POI file to the igo8/content/poi

9. Copy the speedcam.txt file to the igo8/content/speedcam

10. Reboot and enjoy your Igo8

If you want to use Leet's Launcher to run igo and avic software together follow leet's tutorial. I don't se a reason for update this topic no more.

GUGA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky!!!!! Mine ran with sound only onde then I never could get the sound to work.....

Can you explain how you are doing to get in testmode and all the other steps to run the IGO

Like wich folder you name created..

in details so I can debug why I can't get sound!

Tks

GUGA

• 2 weeks later...

1. Download the igo8 Patched file here - http://rapidshare.com/files/152102819/iGo8.zip.html

2. Put yout unit in testmode

3. Enter the Storage Card

1) What is PATCHED exactly in your files compared to the Igo8 folder provided in the Launcher 1.5 ??? what s different ??

2+3) Can't we do it through a SD card reader on the PC ? isn't it the same than accessing "storage card" in test mode ?

I do have already Igo8 installed on a PDA, running any map.

So between This Igo8 from my PDA, the Igo8 from your post, and the Igo8 from the launcher.... I don't know which one should i use now ?

Where are the maps taken from in any of the 3 cases mentionned above ? is it taken from inside the Avic (original map from pioneer) or is it taken from the map folder on the Igo8 folder of the SD card ?

thanks

You take the maps and poi folders from the My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\ folder and copy them to igo8\content\ folder on your sd card. this will overwrite the map and poi folders on the sd card, but everything you need will be in there, including the canada files because they exist in the files you are copying.

Yes you can do all of this from your computer. As is the case for most things PC, there are many ways to go about doing things. it is faster to do on your computer, but everyone has a different setup for a computer, but only one standard pioneer box. So to make things consistent, you will find instructions tailored to work off the pioneer. those that can think outside the box, and have the skills, will be able to conclude that things can be done differently.