AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Install IGO8 + Any Country Maps + Full Sound Control

1) Leet used my pacthed Igo in his launcher....soh they are the same, the only thing you need to do is the DATA.zip patch that is not included in the neither in the laucher or in my patched version.....this way you can go between igo and launcher without problems...

2) I do everything in the PC, and test it in the Unit.....i think it's easier this way

GUGA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally I just downloaded the Launcher 1.5, extracted all the files & folders at the root of the SD, copied the maps & POI & 3D Buildings I had from the PDA version of Igo8 i have.

And it works veeeeryy nicely :) (Igo sounds too)

Thanks for your reply though.

Could you please share your iGo8 files with the POI and 3D. Also for those who want TomTom I have version 8.10 with North America.

If some one wants them let me know.

Igo8 maps & 3D:

http://www.volny.cz/sstopar/mio_mapy_igo8.html

Choose the white files (don't know what are the orange one, but they don't work for us).

Buildings 3D & Terrrain 3D are at the bottom of the page.

I'm in USA this maps seems to be for Europe only... right?

I didn't see US, USA, America nor North America.

• 4 weeks later...

i could not understand how to do this....

if possible explain more....

some doubts:

are u tranferring de files from sd card to pioneer unit?

Here's a small tutorial explaining how I did to make Igo8 run with any country map you want.

0. Download and install Leet's launcher from this topic - http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18522

1. Download the igo8 Patched file here - http://rapidshare.com/files/152102819/iGo8.zip.html

2. Put yout unit in testmode

3. Enter the Storage Card

4. Enter the Igo8 directory

5. Copy the contents of the downloaded file to that directory - remember to keep the directory structure.

6. Copy the map to the igo8/content/map directory

7. Copy the 3dl to the igo8/content/building

8. Copy the POI file to the igo8/content/poi

9. Copy the speedcam.txt file to the igo8/content/speedcam

10. Reboot and enjoy your Igo8

If you want to use Leet's Launcher to run igo and avic software together follow leet's tutorial. I don't se a reason for update this topic no more.

GUGA

ggarcez, could you explain little more (may be to PM), what exactly you changed in 8.0 DATA.zip for full sound feature? Yesterday I've tried 8.3.1 and 8.3 DATA.zip with 800_480 resolution, all working fine, but w/o sound.

I don't want to spend much time to find correct solution by self, and I hope you can help me (and not only me, but other guys too).

• 2 months later...

Oi GUGA, tudo bom??

Eu sou da Argentina, y comprei no Paraguai um Avic F900-BT por erro!! mas beim, eu nao sabia q iva a dar problemas para instalar mapas da argentina, brasil, paraguai e uruguay (o mercosur en gral) atê q em fim ache esa page q me deu uma esperança.

Eu gostaria de saber se você pode me dar diças de como instalar mapas do garmin no meu gps (aqui na Argentina teim uma page gratuita de mapas para garmin www.proyectomapear.com.ar) e gostaria muuito q você comparta tambein seus mapas do brasil, eu gosto de ir para praia lá!!

Se você me ayuda, salvó meus futuros filhos, eu estava por pegar um tiro no meu saco!!

Obrigado!! abraço...Esteban

PD: onde você esta?