AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Install IGO8 + Any Country Maps + Full Sound Control

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the advantages of doing this? Are the maps updated?

No, this version is the same of the original unit, the only thing is that you can run any country maps. This topic was created before the ezrider.exe and worldwide license hack, so this information is old and the new hack is way better.

GUGA

Oi GUGA, tudo bom??

Eu sou da Argentina, y comprei no Paraguai um Avic F900-BT por erro!! mas beim, eu nao sabia q iva a dar problemas para instalar mapas da argentina, brasil, paraguai e uruguay (o mercosur en gral) atê q em fim ache esa page q me deu uma esperança.

Eu gostaria de saber se você pode me dar diças de como instalar mapas do garmin no meu gps (aqui na Argentina teim uma page gratuita de mapas para garmin www.proyectomapear.com.ar) e gostaria muuito q você comparta tambein seus mapas do brasil, eu gosto de ir para praia lá!!

Se você me ayuda, salvó meus futuros filhos, eu estava por pegar um tiro no meu saco!!

Obrigado!! abraço...Esteban

PD: onde você esta?

Esteban,

Rodar garmim no AVIC ainda não está funcionando, usando o leet launcher funciona por alguns minutos depois voce perde o sinal do gps. Existem mapas da argentina para vc usar o IGO8 original para rodar, eu uso assim no brasil e funciona muito bem.

Se voce quiser os mapas do brasil me passe seu email pessoal que coloco no rapidshare para voce baixar.

Sou de sao paulo

Abracos

\GUGA

I just got my unit but have not installed it yet. So the F700BT is running IGO8 as the GPS software on it? or is it the Pioneer software that used to run on the old Avic D series? The pictures I have seen don't look like IGO software on the unit. If its not can I run IGO from the flashdisk or the SD card by following the directions in the first post? Just copying over the data.zip file that is needed? Sorry for the questions or if they are redundant. I would prefer to just run IGO8 that I have it over any Pioneer software unless they are indeed running IGO8

Oi GUGA, tudo bom??

Eu sou da Argentina, y comprei no Paraguai um Avic F900-BT por erro!! mas beim, eu nao sabia q iva a dar problemas para instalar mapas da argentina, brasil, paraguai e uruguay (o mercosur en gral) atê q em fim ache esa page q me deu uma esperança.

Eu gostaria de saber se você pode me dar diças de como instalar mapas do garmin no meu gps (aqui na Argentina teim uma page gratuita de mapas para garmin www.proyectomapear.com.ar) e gostaria muuito q você comparta tambein seus mapas do brasil, eu gosto de ir para praia lá!!

Se você me ayuda, salvó meus futuros filhos, eu estava por pegar um tiro no meu saco!!

Obrigado!! abraço...Esteban

PD: onde você esta?

Esteban,

Rodar garmim no AVIC ainda não está funcionando, usando o leet launcher funciona por alguns minutos depois voce perde o sinal do gps. Existem mapas da argentina para vc usar o IGO8 original para rodar, eu uso assim no brasil e funciona muito bem.

Se voce quiser os mapas do brasil me passe seu email pessoal que coloco no rapidshare para voce baixar.

Sou de sao paulo

Abracos

\GUGA

Oi, amigos!

É bom saber que a língua portuguesa está também presente neste fórum! :D

Abraços!

I just got my unit but have not installed it yet. So the F700BT is running IGO8 as the GPS software on it? or is it the Pioneer software that used to run on the old Avic D series? The pictures I have seen don't look like IGO software on the unit. If its not can I run IGO from the flashdisk or the SD card by following the directions in the first post? Just copying over the data.zip file that is needed? Sorry for the questions or if they are redundant. I would prefer to just run IGO8 that I have it over any Pioneer software unless they are indeed running IGO8

AVIC Series runs IGO 8 software, the skin that it uses is designed for pioneer, that why it dosen't look like the IGO we see around....

If you plan to use IGO as your navigation software there's no need to use leet launcher...just follow the steps described in this post.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19346

GUGA

AVIC Series runs IGO 8 software, the skin that it uses is designed for pioneer, that why it dosen't look like the IGO we see around....

If you plan to use IGO as your navigation software there's no need to use leet launcher...just follow the steps described in this post.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19346

GUGA

Thanks, If I understand that link, since I have US maps I really need to backup the ezrider.exe on the unit and then copy over the new one? I should not need the license file since I'm only going to run US maps that are on the unit. I should also since I have the 2008.4 maps for 8.0 be able to just copy those to the map folder and have the latest maps as well?

Thanks, If I understand that link, since I have US maps I really need to backup the ezrider.exe on the unit and then copy over the new one? I should not need the license file since I'm only going to run US maps that are on the unit. I should also since I have the 2008.4 maps for 8.0 be able to just copy those to the map folder and have the latest maps as well?

No you still need to copy the license file....the license file is for the map that is installed in the stock unit, if you are going to put new maps, no matter if they are the same as the original ones, you will need a new license.

GUGA

No you still need to copy the license file....the license file is for the map that is installed in the stock unit, if you are going to put new maps, no matter if they are the same as the original ones, you will need a new license.

GUGA

Understand. Thanks again.

GUGA

sorry one more question

on page 1 of this thread you talk about copying over content of IGO8 directory into avic unit. I looked at what you had, it appears by just doing your steps in 1st page that this will run original IGO8 software and not the pioneer IGO8 software?

Then you pointed me to the thread that just install ezrider.exe and new license and I can run new maps, poi, buildings and dem using pioneer IGO8 setup?

Sorry this was the confusing part and the actual question I had wanted to ask, it looks like I can do either one?

GUGA

sorry one more question

on page 1 of this thread you talk about copying over content of IGO8 directory into avic unit. I looked at what you had, it appears by just doing your steps in 1st page that this will run original IGO8 software and not the pioneer IGO8 software?

Then you pointed me to the thread that just install ezrider.exe and new license and I can run new maps, poi, buildings and dem using pioneer IGO8 setup?

Sorry this was the confusing part and the actual question I had wanted to ask, it looks like I can do either one?

Never copy the content of the IGO to the AVIC if you a re running LeetLauncher, read it carefully I NEVER said that. If you want to run Pioneer Igo use the ezrider/license patch.

GUGA

GUGA

sorry one more question

Never copy the content of the IGO to the AVIC if you a re running LeetLauncher, read it carefully I NEVER said that. If you want to run Pioneer Igo use the ezrider/license patch.

GUGA

Sorry didn't mean to imply you said something, I just was reading it wrong. I got it all working including booting off the SD card. Once I took a good look at it it fell into place. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

E ae, ggarcez.. Beleza!?!?

Então.. sou completamente novo no Fórum. Este é o meu primeiro post.

Meu AVIC-F700BT tá chegando fim de semana que vem pra mim e, além de toda a ansiedade (hahahaha), já to começando a documentar as modificações que quero fazer.. e na verdade a principal modificação seria, é claro, colocar os mapas do brasil e, se possível, uma voz em português.

Para minha felicidade, este post é feio por um brasileiro \o//! hahauhauhuha!!

Então.. gostaria muito de sua ajuda. O que já aprendi aqui é somente como fazer a atualização do firmware e como entrar no test mode. Já baixei o Launcher do Leet e vou baixar o igo8.

Tem como vc colocar no rapidshare pra mim os mapas do Brasil!? Ficaria realmente muito grato!

Ai então, depois que me enviar os mapas do Brasil é só instalar o leet, jogar o mapa pro map directory, os 3dl pro building (que, pelo que vi pode ser feito no pc mesmo), iniciar o leet launcher e instalar o ig8?

Após isso feito iniciando normalmente pelo software do AVIC, quando abrir a aplicação de mapas ele já vai trazer os mapas do Brasil no igo8 que acabei de instalar?! E como funciona o esquema dos pardais de fiscalização eletrônica!? A voz em português nem me importo muito se não tiver. Eu falo inglês mas meus pais que não falam muito bem. Mas como o carro é meu nem tem problema.

Desde já, muito obrigado por seu suporte. Qualquer coisa, se tiver sendo conveniente, é só me falar. Caso contrário, vou abusar. É claro que não vou pedir nenhuma alteração para mim pois acho isso um absurdo. Creio que o que vá mais precisar é ajuda mesmo na hora de fazer as configurações.

Abração,

Alan Casseb

• 2 weeks later...