AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Install IGO8 + Any Country Maps + Full Sound Control

Hello,

I thought I would revive this topic, now that we have fw 3.0 available.

The question would be: once an F900BT US unit is upgraded to fw 3.0 (that is actually for X910 :) ), it will have US maps on it. How do we make it accept European maps, like it used to be the case for fw 2.0?

To my knowledge, nobody hacked into ezrider.exe yet, so it cannot be convinced to run unlicensed maps.

The workaround for this would be to install the old iGo 8.0 (from fw 2.0) - in this way, we would have the benefits of having an upgraded and more responsive system, but stick with iGo 8.0 for now.

The question is how to do that? So far, I have been able to upgrade the system to fw 3.0 with no problem, the GPS position would show, but of course, in the middle of nowhere, as I live in Europe :roll:

I tried to replace APL2 folder with the one from fw 2.0, but the unit won't go into map mode and reboots itself after 1 min or so. Obviously something is bothering it.

So: do I need to replace APL folder as well?

It will work if you replace the ezrider in your APL2 with the one hacked for 2.007, its on here somewhere, I had the same problem and this fixed it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's the solution that I had already installed: fw 3.0, then replace ezrider with the hacked one from previous fw (iGo 8.0) and 8.0 Europe maps.

That way, we get the benefits of the new fw (faster response, working remote controls on wheel, better sound), but still stick with the "old" iGo and maps 8.0 - until someone will "do" the new ezrider.

Looking forward to that!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm a noob here and want to ask some questions, i've tried to find the answer in the forums but couldnt.

So, I've downloaded the LeetLaucher and it has lauched properly on my F900, but i couldnt load the map on Igo, probaply because of version issue.

After that, i had updated my F900 Firmware to the 2.06 version, and after that i could not load the leetlauncher anymore. Did that happen because i had updated my firmware or am I doing something wrong?

If I updated the firmware and souldn`t, is there anyway for me to get back to an older version? if yes, how? or does this laucher works on this FW version too?

Thanks a lot.

Hello i am a newbie... I have read and tried many times to work the Leetlauncher v3.0 with my AVH-9201N,

Its a 7 inch screen DVD, BLuETOOTH' GPS,, My problem first off is the Cannot Execute Shell.ini.

Second, i tried everything that you said in the instructions.... It doesn't work for me... wat am i doing wrong... I understand that there is TOMTOM IGO and GARMIN,,, i cant seem to see the files that i need to execute the program when it comes on my dvd gps screen... All JPEGs from singers, RIHANNA etc...TOMTOM QUERIES.dat... but nothing with IGO... NADA!!!! i have been searching for the past week to figure out all the installation on sd card,, but non work for me,, I prefer IGO...

ANother thing,, The files i have been reading,, it work with my portable gps.. but does not work in my 7 inch dvd gps... And my gps works under Windows CE 5.0

man i dont know wat else to say,, i am about to slice my vaines!!!!!

Hello i am a newbie... I have read and tried many times to work the Leetlauncher v3.0 with my AVH-9201N,

Its a 7 inch screen DVD, BLuETOOTH' GPS,, My problem first off is the Cannot Execute Shell.ini.

Second, i tried everything that you said in the instructions.... It doesn't work for me... wat am i doing wrong... I understand that there is TOMTOM IGO and GARMIN,,, i cant seem to see the files that i need to execute the program when it comes on my dvd gps screen... All JPEGs from singers, RIHANNA etc...TOMTOM QUERIES.dat... but nothing with IGO... NADA!!!! i have been searching for the past week to figure out all the installation on sd card,, but non work for me,, I prefer IGO...

ANother thing,, The files i have been reading,, it work with my portable gps.. but does not work in my 7 inch dvd gps... And my gps works under Windows CE 5.0

man i dont know wat else to say,, i am about to slice my vaines!!!!!

Being as LeetLauncher is for F-Series AVIC's, I'd start with questioning really hard how do you expect it to work on AVH-9201N (which doesn't even seem to be a Pioneer product) in the first place...

Good nigth, same body can help me please?

i have a AVIC-N2, it's possible install igo8 on this system?

If it runs WindowsCE _and_ it is possible to get into Windows shell, then may be. Otherwise, no.

• 1 month later...

Hi, i'm an italian f900bt user; i've a question: it's possible to substituting completly the pioneer NavGate navigation software whit igo8? I've substituted my igo in APL2 folder whit igo8 (and i've renamed it "igo"), when i restart my f900bt unit and touch "destination", igo8 software starts corretly but there is a permanently message about like this:" System startup in progress, pleas wait"...Maybe i've committed some error in substituting...Can anyone help me?? Thank's!

• 1 month later...

Just wondering... Wouldn't the reverse of what Brian is describing also be possible? If I upgrade my F90BT to 3.02 using the download from the Pioneer EU web site, shouldn't I be able to then add the IGo US/Canada maps back into the unit this way? (In Testmode using the Windows CE UI)

Thanks,

Ray

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...