AVIC411.com

f900bt rebooting continiously

i just got my f900 installed by best buy 2 days ago and it was working perfectly. i also did the bypass myself before having them install. all of sudden after 2 days the unit started rebooting and would never fully load. it just kept doing it over and over. sometimes when i would reset or turn the car on and off it would finally load and start playing music again but only when i was in a stationary position. as soon as i got going 15, or 20 or higher it would reboot.

i took it back it best buy and they think it might be a faulty unit. i read something on here about a gyro sensor going bad might be the cause of this. my unit was brand new and an updated unit with the blue circle on the box. any ideas or does anyone know what causes this? i'm a bit distraught because of spending a little over $1000 on this and it doesn't even work after 2 days.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he mentioned he bought it from best buy.

did you do any software hacks? that would cause it to reboot continuously like that.

if not, then just have them swap it out. im a best buy installer and they'll do it no problem.

Please bold where he said he bought it from there, not where he got it installed...

How can he do a software bypass if the unit was bypassed before it was installed?

Unless he can prove an incorrect installation is the problem, I doubt BB would cover it if he didn't buy it from there. If he did buy it from there, then your word has more grounds over mine since you work there.

he mentioned he bought it from best buy.

did you do any software hacks? that would cause it to reboot continuously like that.

if not, then just have them swap it out. im a best buy installer and they'll do it no problem.

well to be honest i bought it from an authorized dealer on ebay and haven't contacted them as of yet because this just happened tonight. it is an electronics store and the dude has sold thousands of items and his rating is 99.3% so i took my chances. it was brand new, everything still factory sealed.

I have not done any software hacks, just the pin and mute wire bypass. best buy just installed it and they seemed to know a lot about the f900 and said the bypass i did was correct. like i said, it worked great for 2 days and then today constantly started rebooting when i start moving and continues while i'm moving. only will fully boot if i'm not moving. someone said something about if the gyro sensor is bad it could cause it to reboot after about 10 miles an hour. i was just hoping that maybe someone might know something else. i'd hate to think that it is brand new and faulty.

now here is a question for the best buy guy. is there any chance they can swap it out with one of theirs for some cash on the side or would best buy know. i know its kinda sketchy but after spending 1000 bucks i really don't want to have to mail this thing all over the place. also i have heard you guys get crazy discounts on stuff there, something like 50% off. has anyone ever offered you money for stuff like this or would it be out of line.

i just assumed that he bought it there. last week bb offered free install on the f series.

i just thought the possibility of the radio being powered up before it was installed was there. i used a wii power supply to power up my d2 lol

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That's awesome.

Bosshogg, if they were an authorized Pioneer dealer Pioneer will cover it, or they should at least have some kind of warranty.

ohh i see....well technically all best buy will do is remove the product for you so you can send it back. yeah we get pretty decent discounts on product and it varies depending on the cost of the unit. some stuff is 50% off and some stuff we dont get anything off for a discount.

i doubt they would swap it out for you since it wasnt bought there...unless you know someone there thats kinda shady, because they could get fired for it. but who knows.....they could also get into big trouble for allowing the unit to leave bypassed as well. so maybe you might luck out.

Well, my f90bt is doing the same thing. Started after a few days of good "normal" use.

Today it rebooted while listening to an SD card MP3 and using the nav at the same time. Then continuously afterward while driving. I stopped, parked, restarted the car and it all came back on fine. Then when I pulled away and got over about 15mph it rebooted again.

So I came home and checked the board here. Sure enough, I can get repeatedly the same results as described in this post. I checked the wiring and it is fine. Sometimes the unit will not boot up properly at all. Have to shut the car off and restart it. Then it comes back but when you drive away it reboots again..

This is otherwise a great unit. I was enjoying it up to today.

Please let us know what the resolution to your problem is. I've contacted the people I bought from to ask to exchange mine.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Per someone elses recommendation I booted into test mode and deleted my user info...it fixed the problem so far...

If your unit reboots continously, or

reboots every few minutes, or

you can't access the navi settings menu,

here is an easy solution:

Boot into test mode

Navigate to the 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/iGo/save' folder

Delete all files in the 'save' folder (there will prob be 4 files and 1 folder)

Navigate to the 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/SETUP' folder

Delete all files in the 'SETUP' folder (there will prob be 5 files)

Exit test mode and reboot normally

Problem solved! Smile

(you will need to re-enter your settings)

Please post here and let me know if this solves your problem,

- I'm 99.99999% sure this will do the trick.

happy holidays!

infochia

The unit is not the problem. As an installer i have encountered this problem a couple of times. You mentioned that it will only reboots when you start driving but if you're stationary it works just fine. I seen that and I went nuts trying to troubleshoot the first unit. the problem lying within the software bypass, if it is no done right this syptom with appear. Reflash your unit, and redo the bypass again, step by step. I personally have not done the bypass but, my buddy did it and he had that same problem. Thanks to him I was able to figuere out the problem.