AVIC411.com

f900bt rebooting continiously

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi pyrofallout,

i've been on alot of forums and also read through the terms and conditions of the unit and that wasn't fun believe me.

From what i gather pioneer won't cover any units sold on ebay because it is against their terms and conditions, only those units that have been purchased from a retailer with a store receipt will be covered under their warrenty!

So looks like you may have trouble unless you can get a proper invoice or receipt for your purchase. I spoke to pioneer UK 2 days ago and this was my third call to them, on the other two occasions i spoke to two extreamly unhelpful customer service representatives!!! My third call i spoke to a guy called dan who was extreamly helpful and had a great knowledge base of the company and its operating policies, he said he'd had no one call about this problem before and there are only 6 customer service team memebers in the office taking calls. All calls are logged and apparently their EU head office look at all calls and follow up any problems.

He popped me on hold and spoke to his workshop technitions and said they haven't heard of the issues discussed in this post, which i find suprising, either people arn't reporting these issues or pioneer don't admit any previous callers with the problem.

The final result was that i would have to send the unit for repair which he said they would need to reflash the unit with the latest firmware and this would cure the problem, he said this would only take a couple of hours. For me thats overkill for a firmware flash as it takes about 15 minutes max!

I have wrote a letter to Halfords outlining my dissapointment and requests that they replace the product or offer me a full refund, this was issued to their customer services manager so i am waiting on hearing back from him.

Steve

So I've had it back from Pioneer for a while now and it still reboots constantly. I checked every wire in my harness, all are fine. Grounded to two locations now instead of one. STILL REBOOOOTING.

ON HOLD NOW WITH PIONEER. (not happy)

I just want it to work!

If I power cycle the unit it will work for a day before starting to reboot again. Happens every time.

I have an Avic F90bt and it just started rebooting on the drive home yesterday too. I was listening to music on a usb thumb drive, then it froze for almost 10 seconds and then it seemed to catch back up and everything was fine. Then 20 seconds later it rebooted, and now it reboots every 20 seconds if I'm doing more than 15 mph. I have firmware 2.0 update loaded and have not done any mods other than the hardware bypass. I have checked and rechecked all of my wires. I decided to remove the gps connection just to be able to have a radio. So once I removed the gps, the units works perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas, or do I need to send it back to Pioneer. Thanks for the help.

my unit only rebooted 3 times. twice when an ipod was connected and I interrupted the vr initialization. The last was when no ipod was connected but the usb was still connected. Before I had the usb disconnected no problems with that setup so far. This is only me and I have the f90bt unit, soldered with bypass hardwired, using the connects2 for mfsw.

I have an Avic F90bt and it just started rebooting on the drive home yesterday too. I was listening to music on a usb thumb drive, then it froze for almost 10 seconds and then it seemed to catch back up and everything was fine. Then 20 seconds later it rebooted, and now it reboots every 20 seconds if I'm doing more than 15 mph. I have firmware 2.0 update loaded and have not done any mods other than the hardware bypass. I have checked and rechecked all of my wires. I decided to remove the gps connection just to be able to have a radio. So once I removed the gps, the units works perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas, or do I need to send it back to Pioneer. Thanks for the help.

My f90bt started rebooting after watching a movie while parked off of a USB, might be the usb causing the problem, the other thing my unit is not bypassed ( i tried the software bypass after it started rebooting in hopes to stop it, no dice, also tried reflash, and deleting user data, and nada) Has been rebooting for a week and a half now.

hey i noticed someone on the second page noted that their unit started saying "system startup in progess" with the 2.0 update....

mine says that too when its starting up and it supposedly have the 2.0 update. at least thats what it says on the box. is it supposed to say that when it starts up if you have the update. it still takes mine a good 30 or so seconds to start up.

I've had mine installed for about a week. I've noticed mine will reboot if I leave the usb flash hooked up on restart. (16gb kingston). In other words, if I wait until the system is fully booted , then hookup flash drive, all is good. If I hookup before fully booted it messes up. I think the size of the flash drive may have something to do with this, pioneers website says the f90bt only supports usb to 2gb IIRC. Also my music sometimes restarts where I left off on the usb, but usually it starts off on Cake ,which is not at the beginning or end of the drive. It would be nice to be able to leave the usb plugged in, but I do like having that much music on such a small device. I haven't tried an sd card but I expect similar results.