AVIC411.com

f900bt rebooting continiously

Rpgardner, sounds like you actually have a corrupt ezrider file, if you want to try booting it into test mode and replacing that file, let me know, I have a copy of the entire flash drive from a V2.0 F700 with either no mods

or with the red light and speed camera mod. My f700 has been operating at 100%.

see this thread.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21618

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer are crap all they want to do is repair the unit of 6 months old! Loads of people on here saying they've had the "repair" carried out and their unit is still rebooting!!

When i remove the GPS antenna the unit resumes its normal behaviour i just can't obviously use the iGO navigation functions. Has anyone found out what the cause or fix is for this yet as its only since i installed the 2.0 update that this error has been occuring. I have NO mods to this unit what so ever.

The testmode files didn't work i just recieved an Error of the MapDBInfo file or something, didn't quite catch the full error code. Its an UK unit so not sure if thats the problem.

Any help would be apreciated as im on the verge of a very big argument with both Halfords and Pioneer.

Steve

add me to the list...

i have a 900, with some basic mods, never had a problem before...

driving home, playing FM radio (actually switching from SD to FM and back), and it rebooted. then music played again, now it wont boot at all... i get my splash screen, then it turns off, and repeats.

i tried using the reset button, and holding MENU and MAP, and doing a reset that way, neither works. tried taking out the SD, still nothing.

what to do? what should i try first?

I bought a used unit on ebay that has this problem. I am returning it because I don't want to deal with this, but I have found a workaround.

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. My problem was worse than some have described. My unit would reset at the splash screen, so early in the process that I could not ever boot into testmode. After much playing around, I discovered the following sequence that seems to work. Keep in mind that the slightest deviation from this exact sequence causes the procedure to fail.

1) Turn the car on, allow the unit to try and boot normally.

2) Once the unit resets for the first time, press the rest button and hold.

3) Press the eject button and hold.

4) Release the reset button while continuing to hold down eject.

5) Release the eject button once you hear the eject motor start going.

6) You should hear a pop through your speakers. If you don't, you did something wrong.

7) The unit should now boot normally.

I have to do this EVERYTIME I start my car. Pioneer engineers FTMFL.

I did not see the big thread before I saw a smaller one. My 700 began the constant rebooting process this afternoon. I have not made a settings change to it in months, so it is certainly not an issue arising from a user change.

I sure hope Pioneer or someone else figures out exactly what is wrong, and fixes it shortly. I reset the unit and all of the common stuff, it still hangs on startup and then resets.

What is the number to call to get the ball rolling on returning the unit to Pioneer? I sent an online form message this weekend that was not answered after a full business day.

I cannot deal with this thing continually resetting in my dashboard. It is actually kind of funny to watch Pioneer headunits get unsold to my passengers today. Before, I was a total evangelist about the AVIC-F too...

• 1 month later...
How do you do a fresh install?

If you PM your email address to me, I'll set up access to my virgin 2.0 files, you download them and copy them to a 2Gb SD card, and also get the testmode files from my online backup. Unzip the testmode file and put the two files from there on the root of the SD card.

Put the SD card in your unit, then turn the car ignition on (but don't start it) you'll get a screen that says copying files.

Once that's done either hit ok or the X in the top right corner. then it's start, programs, windows explorer go to "my flash disk" then do start, programs, windows explorer again and select the SD card. then select all the files except the two from the test mode file and select copy. then change to the "my flash disk" and edit paste, click yes to all.

once it's done. eject the SD card and turn the ignition off. wait until the unit shuts down completely, then either turn on the ignition or start the car.

First time after doing that the unit will take a decent bit longer than normal to start, be patient...

After that you should be back to normal and working.

• 5 years later...

My AVIC-X910BT has started just coming up with the pioneer black screen and then every 10-15 seconds resetting and starting over. I can hold the menu and map buttons at the same time and the blue screen comes up, and when i put the up, up, down, menu, left then right password in it comes to the menu screen, but it still resets after the 15 seconds anyways so I cannot change anything or try to update it. Maybe once every few days it loads normally and I can listen to the music on the SD or radio, but the GPS shows that I am somewhere in LA when I am in Ontario, Canada. As soon as I turn the car off the system starts back up resetting every few seconds. I checked the versions last time it worked and the map version 02.000000 and Version 2.970000. The problem arouse when I was driving and the system just turned all the way off and went black. I pulled over and the resetting problem started when I turned the car back on to try and fix the problem. How can I get the thing to stay on long enough to update it or fix it?