AVIC411.com

No sound from iPhone / iPod

I've recently installed the F90BT into my car. I am able to play my radio, CD, and music or videos from a USB thumb drive. But when I hook it up to the my iPhone, I am able to get the music title and artist but there are no sound playing through the speakers.

I already set the settings for AV1 to iPod but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. Originally I though it was the iPhone's 2.1 firmware problem. But I tried plugging in a friend's 80gb iPod video and it had the same problem. How can I get sound from the headunit when playing music through an iPhone/iPod?

I'm currently using the Pioneer cable that came with the headunit. The RCA plugs on that pioneer cable are currently not connected to anything. Only the iPod connector is connected to my iPhone/iPod. I'll need to plug the RCA plugs into the back of the headunit? If so, which one in the back?

• 3 months later...

Just to clarify for the not so bright people like me. The second plug on the stereo has output cables. Those are the ones you need to find In case you were wondering where they are. I know that was noted but just to help. Pioneer need to use the analog cable to get pass the protected music file but uses the USB for control and charging. Thats why you get control but no sound. I like others thought it would all go through the USB port.

also just to toss in there.....

i recently recieved my ipod cable with everything properly hooked up... and had no sound....

couldnt figure it out.... but then realized i forgot to turn on the audio for input 1 in the settings menu.....

had me guessing for atleast 10-15 mins.....