AVIC411.com

LeetLauncher v3.0!!!

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TomTom will have no clue what to do with iGO's POI files (and vice versa).

Downloadable (ahem) version of iGO will handle POI files form AVIC, but you will need to copy them to SD Card. Of course if you go through that much trouble., downloadable maps and POI are newer than what is on the unit anyway.

Personally, I would not bother too much with Grarmin, but that's just me...

two more questions:

When you say load maps into igo8, are you referrng to the other thread where we should copy avic files onto SD in the 25mb patched igo8 folder?

Also does BT commands still work while in the other gps programs? For instance; button > call home, or button > change audio source to ipod or button > play artist milli vanilli

Will you be including src/instructions? I'm highly interested in your progress as well as adapting this to additional applications.

I just installed my first avic unit this weekend (900) and so far I love it, I'm also a software architect specializing in Microsoft technologies, with experience with Windows Mobile (though not my specialty), so I'm highly excited about seeing what can be done with this unit.

This is awesome...

However, when i followed the instructions and reload the set no launcher appears.

i exctracted the Zip to SD , i got 2 dirs , one Testmode and one iGO8 map ( is this correct ?)

Iám a European user could that be a problem ?!

-= EDIT=-

I must have done something wrong.

When i tried it at my home PC all was working fine :?:P

please advise

Thanx in adv

You should follow the Leet instructions to get the launcher working. After that just follow my post about installing the Igo8, it's already changed to use with the launcher.

It's a patched version so any map should do run, even European ones.

Any doubts contact me.

GUGA

This is a really nice modification. Works great on my system. How I wish that my iPod or Satellite Radio would work when using IGO8. The interface is nice and clean. Nice job on setting up this mod.

I am not a programmer, but I would think that the IGO8 could replace the IGO currently being used on the AVIC. Are they that different?

I look forward to the progress in this mod. Who do I send beers to?

:lol:

They are, basically, the same version of iGO, but the one on AVIC is a special build for Pioneer so it can integrate with other custom software and hardware on th3e unit (gyro, VSS, MSN Direct, A/V overlays etc).

One probably could get a generic version of iGO to run from AVIC's flash disk, but then you would lose all those integration points.