AVIC411.com

LeetLauncher v3.0!!!

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! This is the Ultimate carputer in the works, without all the hassle. Bravo good sir!! Where can i send your case of beers?

Does the TTS in TOMTOM work?

Also... Can you actually see into the OS, and access the USB port? Is it possible to install drivers for wifi, 3g modems, is it possible to run a browser?

I've been told my people on some other forum that if you boot into test mode, plug a hub into the USB cable, you can either set AVIC to be a mass storage device, or activesync with it. So installing drivers should be possible. You can also attach a USB keyboard to it...

I'm not sure about that, but I doubt that it is doable without some hacks. As I understand it, when AVIC software runs, it sets AVIC as the USB host. A keyboard might work, however. I'll need to find a spare USB keyboard and try that... Using it as a storage device or a mobile device for ActiveSync most probably won't work, though, unless we can launch Control Panel form the main menu somehow...

OK Leet, I think I did something wrong, but I followed your directions exactly. Downloaded the SDContent.zip and extracted it to the root of my SD card, then downloaded the iGo8.zip and extracted that entire thing into the iGo8 directory you provided. The Avic and Testmode buttons work but when I press the iGo one it says something about the EZRider, but it is in the folder. Any idea?

Hey guys,

I have already tried and was able to connect the usb as mass storage controller. The only thing is I need to write something that will read it, haven't really look into that yet.

For those that was wondering about bypassing that warning message, it is part of the pioneer kiosk front end and thus reverse engineer will fix it. However, as of right now I will not try to modify it yet.

My main concern right now is to enable sound for the Windows CE apps. Pioneer software are able to access that audio hardware in a different layer. This is why iGO8, TomTom, and any other software dont have sound, neither does windows ce audio. Once I get this working, I will write another Audio and Video player for the unit that will boot up faster than the current one. All this will result in a whole new Front end for the AVIC pioneer unit that will have more features and flexibility such as skinning and themes. In the mean time stay tuned, the unit is now looking alot more like a Car Computer :P

PS: I have no ISP at the moment so progress might be slow for a bit. Im writing this post on my PDA phone. :(

OK Leet, I think I did something wrong, but I followed your directions exactly. Downloaded the SDContent.zip and extracted it to the root of my SD card, then downloaded the iGo8.zip and extracted that entire thing into the iGo8 directory you provided. The Avic and Testmode buttons work but when I press the iGo one it says something about the EZRider, but it is in the folder. Any idea?

If you having this problem, just copy or rename the Igo.exe file as EZRIDER.exe. The launcher launch as EZRIDER.exe not IGO.exe. So far the launcher is just to let you guys know what we can do, launcher will radically change on next update.