AVIC411.com

Illumination Wire.....

Not sure why it didn't work, or how it works. All I know is that with the lights on, I set the brightness to what I would like it to be with the lights on. Then with the lights off, I set it to how I would like it with the lights off.

You may have to go back to the main screen between setting the two. I didn't have to but others here have said its nessesary. Which AVIC do you have?

Oh its actually settings > system settings > picture adjustment

I have a F700bt. I ran through the procedure that you described again last night.. and went back to the main screen between settings.. still same. No change. I just keep it set at what is comfy at night and for the most part its ok during the day unless the sun and/or glare is right on it. I'll have to dig into this further. Anyone have a pin out of the harness and connector? .. I'd like to verify that if I can find a accurate diagram. Mine didnt come with much for documentation when I received it.

... oh, nah, no caddy (would be nice :D ) lol.. its in a toyota. I verified the lighting feed wire before I put the unit in the dash .. so it gets +12 on the orange wire when the headlights are on. I need the pinout for the F700BT harness where it plugs into the back of the unit. If I can get that I can completely verify the hardware connections and start bangin around with the software. I had read somewhere that the F700 didnt have dimming capability.. but that doesn't sound right to me.. anyhow I'll keep diggin and report what I find ;) Thanks for all the feedback! any other Idea's I'm all ears.

I've just installed a 700BT into a 06 Jetta. When I turn on my lights, the display gets a bit brighter. Not exactly what I had expected. I have to use a PAC adapter to interface with my car's computer so the wiring is really straight forward. Still, this doesn't seem right. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Figured it out. Turns out to be a U.S.E.R. error. Didn't realize that the very same illumination intensity control gives independent control over the display brightness with lights on vs with lights off. Just adujsted the display to what I wanted with the lights off then, turned my lights on and made the adjustment again for what I want with my lights on.

Viola! It works fine. Nice little unit.