AVIC411.com

CNDV-80MT update epic fail on the avic-d3

So, I updated the software using the CNDV-80MT download. the system seemed to update just fine.

After the update the system did not work. the screen says please insert approprate disk. Now nothing works at all. When I load a disk in the system, the system checks it then rejects it.

Any help would be great!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am experiencing problems with update I DL from this forum. I cant even acess any of the new background images from the disc, and I still have the same images from the initial disc still being displayed!!!! is there any way to DOWNGRADE my radio back to the factory firmware?!!!

You may have a corrupted copy. East upgraded my firmware (AVIC-D1) but then wouldn't load. I downloaded it again, unzipped it and burned it and it worked this time.

I have ordered the disks from Pioneer anyway. They are production DVDs pressed from a glass master and are more reliable than your burned copies. Do you really want to trust a home burned dual layer disk on a long trip?

Plus you might have difficulty explaining it to the cops if they want to mess with you. They charged some guys recently for a "van full of bootlegs":

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.a ... nID=84&S=1

I also downloaded the two iso's and had some difficulties as well. I initially used memorex dvd's and used 3 of them and could not get any of them to burn past 50 percent. I them bought some verbatim disks and was able to burn the east and wesk iso's using Imgburn. When I inserted the west disk into my d3, it seemed to be updating fine, it even said update complete and showed the new map version after resetting. After a few minutes of the map being displayed, it locked up and displayed "insert appropriate disk". I tried resetting several times, but nothing helped. I tried the new east disk and it updated just fine. I decided to burn the west disk again, except used alcohol120 the second time and it burned and updated the d3 just fine and haven't had any problems yet (its only been 1 day though).

I think getting a good burn is why so many people are having a problem with the update. For those having problems updating, I would try a different brand of disk and/or a different burning program.

Anytime you don't buy the "retail" version of software, you run the risk of having problems. It's just a roll of the dice, sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't. Can't really complain if you didn't pay for the software, just work through it and you will eventually find a good "copy".

I was having similar and even more tragic results:

my unit was fairly FUBAR'd by either an incomplete download/upgrade from the previous update file posted on the forum from a the "N" model. probably my error since it worked for others. I was able to DL this file and burn the image to a disc using PowerISO. I reset my unit using the reset porthole on the upper left of the unit by the eject button with the new disc inserted. After the unit 'rebooted' it updated again -completely this time- and it works with all of the pre-upgrade functions (map icons and function etc etc etc). the unit starts faster when I turn on my car and it has 2008 copyright from pioneer as well 5/2008 from telatlas and infousa.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting the actual discs! I would also like to thank the people who posted the original disc even though it did not work for me. I appreciate being part of a community that has members that go way above beyond my greatest expectation of an online association. In kind, I do graphic design work and would be willing to, in my limited time, pay it forward by helping create a few backgrounds for those that may want/need them.

Well, so far I've tried about 5 disks and several different burning apps. I'm now trying the Alcohol 120 on my Memorex. If it doesn't work, I'm going to search for some Verbatims.

Geez, I hope I can get this to work soon as I now can't even listen to radio or anything.

Bummed a bit,

Bryan

Yeah, pretty much. Once is is fucked up (insert appropriate disc), it is fucked up until you get the right readable disc in there.

I've tried the East disc, burned at least half a dozen times. Memorex, Verbatim, and Sony. All a bunch of damn coasters now.

I give up...just hope one of these dudes that can burn them clean will sell me 2 copies at this point since Pioneer is backordered until mid-December....PUNKS.

Bryan

Yeah, pretty much. Once is is fucked up (insert appropriate disc), it is fucked up until you get the right readable disc in there.

I've tried the East disc, burned at least half a dozen times. Memorex, Verbatim, and Sony. All a bunch of damn coasters now.

I give up...just hope one of these dudes that can burn them clean will sell me 2 copies at this point since Pioneer is backordered until mid-December....PUNKS.

Bryan